EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

Re: EDC... What do you actually - Carry On Your Person - every day?

People who responded to this thread carry single CR123 or smaller lights as their EDC's.

I'll respectfully have to disagree on that. I can't speak for others, but for me it's most certainly not an issue of size but weight: the light I carry 12-14 hours on a daily basis takes less space and weights less than my wallet and probably gets used a lot more too. Carrying method also matters a lot, since bunched up in the pocket the width becomes obvious a lot faster than when carrying it on the belt. (Am I the only one who liked the belt pouches for cellphones when we used to carry phones that resembled Snickers bars instead of the current smartphone slate look?)

R0030479edited.jpg

Tri-V in my pocket every day.

preon 1 10440 everywhere. klarus st20 everywhere. all together almost 200 hours of low light, once in a while ill carry the jetbeam pc 10 just to double my available lumens or maximum runtime.

Thrunite Ti or Foursevens Quark AA w/ deep pocket clip is what I carry most.

EDC... What do you actually - Carry On Your Person - every day?

A Preon Revo SS and P0 are on me 24/7 as my back-up keychain light and spare battery container, respectively - don't think you can do much better than these.

For my primary, I usually carry a NW Quark AA-X, Pro or Tactical UI, on 14500s or 3V lithium primaries (CRAA/14505). I'll also rotate among a NW D25A clicky, SC52, and L10 N219, which I consider roughly equal, but only on batts they fully support (I don't like lower modes bumping up).

At the moment, however, I'm kinda smitten with the Preon Hat-Trick:
8687923884_f1476114e6.jpg

This thread asured me that for the most part, the people who post in this forum are "NORMAL" and are not flashlight freaks.

Certainly we can see that for the most part. People who responded to this thread carry single CR123 or smaller lights as their EDC's.

I guess I am in the "flashlight freak crowd" but Im proud of it! I have a logic to what I carry. I would have it limited to three lights but somehow ends up being 4.

The thread What do you actually - Carry On Your Person - every day? has been merged with the ongoing What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition thread.

Bill

The thread What do you actually - Carry On Your Person - every day? has been merged with the ongoing What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition thread.

Bill
Thanks Bill.

The ongoing "What's in your pockets?" thread is an excellent thread. My intention was not to duplicate that thread but rather to get clarification on the term EDC. For example, every day, wherever I go, whether I am in a suit, or jeans, I carry a pocket knife, and with my car keys, a Nano. Also everyday on my belt in a holster, I carry my cell phone. These, to me are EDC items.

However, despite the fact that pretty much everyday, I use other flashlight(s), and literally, carry it to perform a task, (search the garage, walk the dog), but I put it back, under my work-bench, or on my desk when I am done. And despite the fact that I'll sometimes shove one into my pocket, I don't really consider any of them EDC lights. They are... 18650, 2D, 3C, or whatever... flashlights.

I don't want to derail this "What do you carry in your pocket(s)??" thread with a discussion of what is the definition of EDC, I just wanted to explain.

Thanks for merging the two threads, I was starting to feel guilty that the latter was getting so many posts that were similar to the original.

Poppy

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z52/Roger159/2013-04-30231749_zpsceda4552.jpg

- Keys with Vic Rambler
- E1E with a KuKu E series drop in
- Lip balm
- Specops t.h.e wallet jr
- HTC Sensation

When it starts getting cold I'll be able to carry my C2 again yay.

Your images are oversize, when you post an image please remember Rule #3

Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels.

Please resize and repost. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for an update after a few changes :)

My full EDC:

a5ubyzen.jpg

Garmin Fenix GPS watch
Generic polarized sunglasses (filling in for my broken RayBans)
iPhone 4S
Pierre Cardin Leather Wallet
On Keys: Quark Preon High CRI
Inka Pen
LM Micra
64GB Flash Drive
Zero Tolerance 0560
Zippo with Z-Plus insert
Olight S10 Baton Ti with Nichia 219
LM ReCharge TTXi
Marc's Customs Tri-EDC High CRI

A Fenix E11 in my bag and a Xeno E03 in the car.

...whoops, just realized this was "on your person". In that case nothing right now. But I plan on getting a Streamlight Nano.

Update:
5ac3e91ce66f7e09d44108330caa7300.jpg

Rip Curl tide and moon phase watch
S&W tac pen
sharpie
Olight O'pen
EagleTac P20C2 mark 2 Xm-L2
Spyderco Tenacious
Glock 27 gen 3
Gerber fisherman multi tool
chapstick
Zippo
Apollo e-cig ( I just quit reg cigs a few days ago)
money clip with cash and cards.
related cases and holsters.

Inova X1 - lanyard, Ti bead and a glow fob of mine for night finding - or to find / follow me.
House Keys - 10kN Mammut lanyard belt - Ti split ring, a glow fob of mine, dog capsule with details, 4Gb Verbatim Micro USB and lots of keys
Car Keys - Ti split ring, 10mm reflective rope lanyard, Leatherman Micra (Circa 2001), dog capsule with details, 4Gb Verbatim Micro USB and car keys
Leatherman Wingman (broken sent in for warranty) - now a Leatherman Supertool 200 & a CRKT RSK MK5 stashed.

I always carry my EDC Eagletac d25lc2 and my voctorinox camper.
I would love to have a Victorinox trailmaster/trekker, but recently lock-knives were banned here, and the non-serrated version is really hard to find. (Netherlands)

Quantum All Weather Lighter
Kershaw Skyline
Streamlight Protac 2L
Leatherman styleCS on my keys
Some generic card case with the ever mysterious cash present

I've been traveling light due to the hot weather recently, but I usually have a SAK fieldmaster added into the mix.

Pardon the crumbs. No, I don't carry them :oops: