EDCF down? (Jan-19-2007)

watt4

Enlightened
the forum is online. I could surf it using a proxy. odd, another of his forums on that IP resolves normally (using the same nameservers).

fwiw, I would NOT send any passwords though a proxy.

Ice Tigre

Newly Enlightened
Glad that I remebered the EDCF population having an general interest at CPF.... almost 3 days with "" Server not found can't find the server at www.edcforums.com. "" is giving me withdrawal!

Can't even get a ping response...

OK. its not just me. Thats good to hear. Sounds like a service routing/server access issue...

G.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could not access EDC Forums this afternoon or evening so I implemented a temporary workaround on my Linux sytem. I added the following line to the /etc/hosts file:

Code:
72.233.32.114   edcforums.com   www.edcforums.com

This causes my web browser to obtain the forum's IP address directly from the /etc/hosts file instead of accessing a name server.

Ice Tigre

Newly Enlightened
I could not access EDC Forums this afternoon or evening so I implemented a temporary workaround on my Linux sytem. I added the following line to the /etc/hosts file:

Code:
72.233.32.114   edcforums.com   www.edcforums.com
This causes my web browser to obtain the forum's IP address directly from the /etc/hosts file instead of accessing a name server.

Now Thats a nifty trick! I'll have to remember it for the next time... :thumbsup:

Well, after 3.5 days, i have access again... :shrug:

G.

watt4

Enlightened
still unreachable except by proxy.

I wonder if they have considered using external DNS (dnsmadeeasy, zoneedit, etc.) or their domain registrar's DNS.

the forum is online. I could surf it using a proxy. odd, another of his forums on that IP resolves normally (using the same nameservers).

fwiw, I would NOT send any passwords though a proxy.