3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
4x4Dragon, you mentioned it was a lantern? Sorry to say, but I haven't come across a lantern battery that has (+) positive terminal in the center. Unless you are going to rewire the whole unit, its not going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooo!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

what do i gotta do to rewire?????

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a big deal. You simply locate the two wires that lead from the battery to the lamp and reverse them. If it's using the case as the second wire, reverse the connection to the batttery holder.

Daniel

Stefan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
4x4Dragon, you mentioned it was a lantern? Sorry to say, but I haven't come across a lantern battery that has (+) positive terminal in the center. Unless you are going to rewire the whole unit, its not going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooo!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how your lantern is wired, but if its something like I got where the tip of the bulb is sitting on the center post of the battery it probably can not be rewired. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:

[/ QUOTE ]

A 4d lantern battery adapter kit that allows you to stick the batteries in backwards may help to literally turn things around polarity wise. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Stefan

Enlightened
lanternsmall.JPG

If the innards of your lantern look something like this, I am working on a project to let it work. I shall keep you updated on progress.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
lanternsmall.JPG

If the innards of your lantern look something like this, I am working on a project to let it work. I shall keep you updated on progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

pic doesn't work?? im interested.....

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how your lantern is wired, but if its something like I got where the tip of the bulb is sitting on the center post of the battery it probably can not be rewired. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

trying to picture it in my head........... maybe it can be "re-routed" somehow???? im gonna go do some tinkering tonight with one of my Valubrights.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
My EverLed is white enough for me - but not as white as several other LED lights I have. I can see just a little yellow/green tint when directly compared to a whiter light. I am very happy with my EverLed none the less and will not part with it. I emphasize that the off white tint is only noticibly when directly compared.

MDM

Newly Enlightened
My is pure white (with reverse polarity protection) and works well in my Princeton Tec 40. Very impressive lamp. I tried it in a 3C Sears worklight but the reflector created a halo which I could do without. What's the best flashlight for these?

illumiGeek

Enlightened
I've seen 3 EverLEDs:

One I gave to a friend; it was very white and bright.

One I purchased for myself; it was a yucky, dim, yellow-greeny. I figure I accidentally got a "2nd" but LED Supply said there was no chance of that.

The above died after several months of use and was replaced by LED Supply (and very quickly, I might add - great service). The replacement has a very cool-white central hot spot that fades to pink, then voilet at the edge; and the hot spot is surrounded by an irregular diffuse yellow ring. Quite colorful for a "white" LED! However, I am pleased with the new one because it has the reverse polarity protection, and it is much brighter than the greenie it replaced.

Still would like to get one as white as the one I gave away.

Aloha, iG

illumiGeek

Enlightened
I wasn't sure of the camera could capture the nuances of my new EverLED, but it did a pretty good job.

EverLED2.JPG

In reality the purple-pink edge of the hot spot is a lot more pronounced. This is in a PT40 with the stippled reflector which helps to blend and smooth things out. In a Mag the colored rings are really obvious.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Generally speaking stippled reflectors (TEC 40, Similar to what a SF Lamp module looks like).

That said a fully faceted Rayovac Industrial 3D ain't too shabby!

Partially textured like my Garrity 2AA isn't too bad either. That's where my Teal ELed hangs out.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just took a picture of my light beam and compared it to yours. I don't have that don't have that ring at all. I have a strong spot and smooth side spill light. I use the EverLED in a Craftman waterproof light that has a faceted reflector. The Craftsman looks like a Turtlelite II with the addition of a battery indicator. The one I use is on the bottom of the image. It is a tough little light that impresses people with its small size and large light output. And it doesn't have rings.

03493167000-dlv.jpg

grnamin

Enlightened
I got a nice white one. Only problem is that just when you think you've got a nice white one, someone always comes up with an even whiter one. :d

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
stringj said:
Over the last two months I have ordered and received 1 white EverLED and two white "diamond" versions of the EverLED. All three have been very white.

Jerry

P.S. The "diamond" version is for negative center post polarity. Thanks BrightGuy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, "diamond" version for negative center post? I didn't even know such a thing existed! What a great thing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

I recently ordered an EverLED, plus I've had another one for about a year. Both are very white. The more recent one had a defect not in the emitter itself, but in the PR base... the positive contact was WAY off center, so it wouldn't even make contact in some lights. Brightguy already has a replacement on the way. Brightguy rules! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

14C

Enlightened
I really like my white in a 3D with the PMR from Otokoyama.

It works well with his Acrylite lenses and a stock reflector too.

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened
I've used my Everled in the PT stippled reflector PT 40 and tried it in the Sears Craftsman 4AA stippled reflector light mentioned above. Yes indeedy, these lights do smooth out the EverLed beam pattern - but a great and serious reduction in throw and what appears to be overall light output. I have used it in the Tutlelite with the smooth lens and get "double" the throw and what appears to be greater overall light output.

This is not my imagination. I've used the EverLed in all three lights for considerable periods including serious testing and the smooth beam that comes with the stippled reflectors just ain't worth the loss in throw.

Stefan

Enlightened
Anyone know if it is possible to buy an EverLED from a Canadian distributor? I'm interested in one, but would be faced with high shipping costs, plus customs.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yukon_Jack, I'll second that Craftsman 4AA Tool Light as having a great reflector, and smoothing the beam nicely. For closer range use it's great! I don't think it reduces overall output, though... just spreads the light more evenly in all directions, almost like a floodlight.