EZAA or QUARK 1AA

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya know... it's not a huge issue, but though I've asked for some help on this from 4Sevens customer service and from David's e-mail, I have only received a single reply asking for confirmation of the problem, but no reply in recognition of my description of the problem, or of the photo of the threads, nor assistance in remediation. Perhaps they're just contemplating the issue and deciding what to do... or, perhaps the problem is more widespread than I am aware of... I really don't know... all I know is that since explaining the issue, I've gotten no further feedback from 4Sevens.

The threads on the non-clip side of my QAA were not cut to completion, so turning the head to turbo, when mounted on that side of the body, is very difficult - and turning to turbo when the head is mounted on that side is probably flattening the threads on my head. I'm not real happy about that.

QuarkAAthreadcut.jpg

So for the meantime, I'm not using the clip, nor using that end of the tube for mounting the head. Interestingly, the threads on my 123 body are quite fully completed on each end... but not on my AA body... the threads on one end stop short of completion and mounting the head on that side of the tube is problematic for turning to turbo mode. Enough time has passed since my last reply that perhaps I should contact 4Sevens again to ask about what's going on.

Overall, it should be obvious to any observing my many comments about this wonderful light that I am totally thrilled with it, overall. And I'm sure that 4Sevens will make good on what seems to be a fairly insignificant thread issue with my light. I'm just a little perplexed at the lack of any communication from them on this matter. :thinking:

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, as 4Sevens would like you to do, just get both regular and tactical AA flashlights, in both neutral and warm tint versions, in single and double cell offerings, plus a 123 body tube, and a 2x123 tube, then mix and mingle all the parts til you're so wild and crazy (and broke!) that your fiance will decide you've gone beserk and look for another man with more sensibility and less neurotic compulsion! :crackup:

(Forgive me, if I have gone too far! ;) It's the flashaholic's nightmare come true! ) :crackup:

Sadly... this happens everyday... or atleast the thought crosses their minds. I tell her... "Atleast it's not crack!" Even though at this point... crack would actually cost less... :ohgeez:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah! I'm a big promoter of the Quark and yet, I'm still not all that content. I have an issue with the threads on my AA that 4Sevens apparently isn't interested in dealing with. :thinking: :crazy: WTF?

Great light, though! I love it.

It would be very disappointing and unlike 4Sevens to not make their customers happy, even if its something minor. I mean after all it is his brand right? :poke:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing in this case they think swapping out with another example wouldn't solve your issue? If every example of that model will have threads about the same, maybe they've had other complaints of the sort, and feel that'll just as good as it gets?.

I won't pull any punches. I love the Quark AA, but you may be spot-on with your comments. I have received word from another forum member who has the exact same issue with his Quark AA. Perhaps the problem is more pervasive than we realize and 4Sevens is trying to evaluate and formulate a solution... :thinking: I wish I knew first hand... otherwise I wouldn't be speculating here...

Again, I think the Quark AA is an awesome light! Threading issues notwithstanding!

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't pull any punches. I love the Quark AA, but you may be spot-on with your comments. I have received word from another forum member who has the exact same issue with his Quark AA. Perhaps the problem is more pervasive than we realize and 4Sevens is trying to evaluate and formulate a solution... :thinking: I wish I knew first hand... otherwise I wouldn't be speculating here...

Again, I think the Quark AA is an awesome light! Threading issues notwithstanding!

My QAA is in the cart... but now you have me thinking... :duh2:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
My QAA is in the cart... but now you have me thinking... :duh2:

CaNo... :hitit: have no worries... the light is awesome. And if there are any widespread threadng issues, no doubt that 4Sevens will take care of things. All indications are that 4Sevens is above reproach when it comes to taking care of the customer satisfaction! And I will report further on my interactions with them regarding my thread issue.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never would have understood without that photo, but the threading just kind of ends short. That is weird.

LightScene

Enlightened
I find that if the flashlight is too big, then I won't want to put it in my pocket all the time. For that reason, I would choose the EZAA over any Quark. If I wanted a full featured AA I would get a Nitecore Defender Infinity or a Jetbeam V3.

dmonay

Newly Enlightened
If you just want a Key chain light, something that's small and always there. get the EZAA.
But if you want an edc with a little more punch get the Quark 1AA or better yet get a light that puts out 100 lumens or more.
I personally carry an Arc AAA on my keychain and a Novatac 120P as my main edc light.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I
choose a MacBook vs. the MacBook Air

+1 here! I love my Macbook! Macbook air doesn't even have a disc drive! :green:

My Quark AA was shipped this morning. Atleast I know who to go after if this thing turns out to be a dud *cough* DHART! *cough* lol :whistle:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EZAA I have found through the last few days is perfect for jogging! I attached a 550 paracord lanyard on it and left it on low (which is equivalent to the Fenix E01's runtime (1hr less)). I also have the option to switch it to high just incase I need to get the attention of anyone on the road or check for something lurking in the distance. The throw is incredible, and the light does not interfere with my jog at all! If I don't feel like holding it , I can just let it dangle from my fingers :D. I also have a a wristband that has a slot for keys and credit cards, etc. I put the EZAA between my forearm and my hand, and since it is not big nor heavy, I did not notice it at all. It was perfectly snug.

IMG00200-20090706-1143.jpg

IMG00198-20090706-1142.jpg

IMG00202-20090706-1145.jpg

IMG00201-20090706-1145.jpg

subiedriver1990

Newly Enlightened
So anyone here have some more thoughts on these two lights after quite some time inactive? I myself have just purchased an EZAA...
what else is out there now? (small AA lights)

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer my Quark 1xAA and Nitecore D10 to the EZAA. I was sold on the lower output of the EZAA but then it was brighter on low than I was expecting and led to believe it would have. I rarely use it. The Quark and D10 are my go to lights. Love the low lows on each and if I need a headlamp its between a Zebralight H50 or Princeton Tec EOS 4 mode, both with low lows.

subiedriver1990

Newly Enlightened
So would anyone know whether the EZAA or the Quark AA MiNi is more of a thrower? I EDC a Quark RGB in a belt holster and intended on wearing the EZAA on a lanyard around my neck. The RGB is a very floody light and I want something small and AA battery sized that is a thrower. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

HKJ: thanks for the pic, those titanium lights are beautiful!

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
So would anyone know whether the EZAA or the Quark AA MiNi is more of a thrower? I EDC a Quark RGB in a belt holster and intended on wearing the EZAA on a lanyard around my neck. The RGB is a very floody light and I want something small and AA battery sized that is a thrower. Any answers are greatly appreciated.

HKJ: thanks for the pic, those titanium lights are beautiful!
The EZAA is not what most would really call a thrower, but for a minimalist who just wants more throw than some of their other single AA lights might offer, it's a good choice, and it's what I use mine for, in addition to daylight searching in the storage shed.

To answer your question directly I took both outside just now and shone them into the woods, and then over towards the shop door and in both cases the MiNi was just barely allowing me to see, where the EZAA was throwing enough light to see clearly. The two points on which the MiNi wins are in floodiness and low beam output. The EZAAw wins for slimness and throw.

I still have a pile of MiNi AA's, but the EZAAw is always in my back pocket and I have my LF2XT and Draco for lower outputs! :twothumbs

Last edited: