• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

F/S: Maxabeam Gen3 with Latching "High" & 10 AH LiFePo4 battery, Megaray 175 Watt

BVH

Flashaholic
Thinning the herd.

Maxabeam SOLD The Maxabeam: $495 Plus $20.00 Shipping CONUS

Up for sale is my Gen3, enhanced reflector'd Maxabeam. It comes with the 10 AH LiFeP04 Peakbeam battery, short, quick connect pigtail and a spare new lamp. I bought 2 each Gen2 MB's that were paired on a Robinson helicopter. I sent them both to Peakbeam and had this one retrofitted with all the makings of the Gen3 product, new main board, new lamp, new enhanced reflector and Aluminum housing (they are 1 piece), new spider, new handle and new 10 Amp Hour LiFePo4 battery. If I remember correctly, the large capacity LifeP04 battery is what allows the "latched High" (Stays on high without holding the button) operation. All that remains Gen2 is the main body case/shell, everything else is new. You can see a reference to this light starting out as a Gen2 and becoming a Gen3 on the pic of the label. (G23). Peakbeam tested it at 11,900,000 CP. This was done in about 2012-13. The light has no more than about 10 hours actual use in this time. It is rated at 85 Watts and has latching high and electric focus with memory. The battery has been stored at 3.25 volts Per cell or 13 Volts and checked quarterly for topping off which I've probably done 2 times. There is no Peakbeam charger included. I use a hobby charger along with a custom charging pigtail (included). There is no carry case. The light is in Excellent condition.

ADDED: 1 new spare lamp included as well as some orings and other spare parts.

MaxaBeam_G3_2.jpg

MaxaBeam_G3_1.jpg

Maxabeam_G3_5.jpg

Maxabeam_G3_3.jpg

Maxabeam_G3_4.jpg

Maxabeam_G3_6.jpg

Maxabeam_G3_7.jpg

Maxabeam_G3_8.jpg

The MegaRay - Megaray SOLD $499 Plus $25.00 shipping CONUS

Up for sale is my 175 Watt Megaray MR175 with custom Carbon Fiber and Aluminum battery carrier mounted on the bottom. I used two each, 4-cell, 4000 mah Lipo batterys wired in Series (input voltage is maxed at 30VDC) to power the light. This tube is removable and you can modify the cord to connect to any battery system. IIRC, I could get about 30-35 minutes on a charge. In a comparison post in a thread I made here on CPF, the MegaRay hotspot in candlepower is a fraction less than my Gen3 Maxabeam, however, the hotspot is about 2-3 times larger so it is easier to actually identify what the target is V the Maxabeam. There is no carry case. I retrofitted this light with a higher CFM and lower noise level cooling fan. The light is in Excellent condition.

(edited)_MegaRay_1(1).png

(edited)_MegaRay_2(1).png

Last edited:

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I lusted after these behemoths back when I first joined, still love these and have mad respect for these lights.
Looking forward to the LarryK you post, I wanted to build one back in the day!

BVH

Flashaholic
Alright, here's the last Megaray price reduction. I can't bear to let it go for less. $499 plus $25 for shipping CONUS.

Last edited:

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened
Alright, here's the last Megaray price reduction. I can't bear to let it go for less. $499 plus $25 for shipping CONUS.
Hey I might be interested but I'm new to this type of light. How does it compare to something like an FF5 or a Lumintop GT94X?

BVH

Flashaholic
I edited the Megaray in post 1 as sold. I should have made a post down here also. Sorry. Neither the FF5 nor the GT94X are in the same league as the Megaray. The Megaray is a very high performance light like the Maxabeam. The MB and MR are not as versatile as the others mentioned and are very tight niche lights. They put a fair amount of light way, way down field. So far, that it is difficult to actually make out what they are illuminating without optical help.

BVH

Flashaholic
Are there no "Hot Wire" enthusiasts left. This is the ultimate Hot Wire at 650 Watts! Full soft-start, regulated 30 Volt, 22 Amps brightness until Low Voltage Cutoff occurs before which you get a dimming notification and nobody would ever suspect the light cannon you have in your hands. The squeal of the FET's adds to the drama.