"Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -more beamshots-

207Copper

Newly Enlightened
Re: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -more beamshots

Best light build I have seen so far. Did anyone ever get a link on where to purchase the emitters?

overdog

Enlightened
Re: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -more beamshots

..thank you- emitters are meanwhile to purchase from lots of distributors. I got mine from amu-electronics.

best from Frankfurt,
Steffen
:wave:

Hoop

Enlightened

Wouldn't it be 13.22 amps / 8 = 1.65 amps per led so more like 4,000 lumens?

Al Combs

Enlightened

Wouldn't it be 13.22 amps / 8 = 1.65 amps per led so more like 4,000 lumens?
...the SST-90 emitters, connected together in series and glued to the
massive heatsink for the modamag 4" Turbo Head:
d9icawrl5tv0pk6j2l3yqnyg7ey.jpg
The LED's are wired in series, not parallel. And since current is everywhere the same in a series circuit...

jcw122

Enlightened

This rocks! I would have loved to see warmer LEDs used tho...lots of beam showing up in the photos.

overdog

Enlightened

Thank you- my fingers will never forget rasping down the P60 drop-in reflectors by hand with an old rasp
to get better beam than with the Ledil Lily reflectors , but it was worth it...

Nanomiser

Enlightened

I'd like to do something similar with my H22A Mammoth. Great work and thanks for sharing!

overdog

Enlightened

Hello Nanomiser,
the H22A Mammoth host is excellent for your idea. If you have some questions, please feel free to ask...
Good luck for your built!
best regards from Frankfurt,
Steffen

wannabe333

Newly Enlightened

can you make the heatsink for sale?

overdog

Enlightened

Hi wannabe33,
sorry for late reply- at this time I have none left, but I can tell you the measurements of the round piece of aluminium you need:
70mm diameter and 25mm height.
best regards,
Steffen

stephdudu

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

First, I want to tell you : GREAT JOB for your flashlight !
I want to creat a frontale light for fishing the night and I saw your wonderful light !
I have some question :
- I thingh use a emitter LED long time will heat the light very quickly ? --> How many time can you touch your light when it is cold.(to put on head if it's possible...)
- how many times can you use your light in continue with your batterie ?
- you must stop flashlight a long time after use because aluminium must be too hot (I think). So, how many time you must stop to refresh flashlight ?

Many Thanks,

Stéphan

There is no reason to quote in it's entirety the opening post, quote deleted - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

overdog

Enlightened

Hi,

First, I want to tell you : GREAT JOB for your flashlight !
I want to creat a frontale light for fishing the night and I saw your wonderful light !
I have some question :
- I thingh use a emitter LED long time will heat the light very quickly ? --> How many time can you touch your light when it is cold.(to put on head if it's possible...)
- how many times can you use your light in continue with your batterie ?
- you must stop flashlight a long time after use because aluminium must be too hot (I think). So, how many time you must stop to refresh flashlight ?

Many Thanks,

Stéphan

Hello Stephan,

thank you for nice words- nice to see, that you are impressed by the pics.. but sorry, this light is may way too bright from my view for fishing or anything else to point at anything living- it has just been made to be bright-nothing else & no serious use for nothing..
thanks & best regards,
Steffen.

There is no reason to quote in it's entirety the opening post, quote deleted - Norm

LarsB

Newly Enlightened

What happened to all the images (especially the astounding beamshots) from the initial posting (on page 1 of this thread)?!?
Is there an alternate source?!?
Thank you!

overdog

Enlightened

Thanks for informing me- the pics still should be visible in thread- all my other threads work and these pictures are hosted at the same place.
I have no idea, may something crashed in the first post- anyone experienced with this problem and can help to solve it?
Thanks,
Steffen

"Edit: in first post pictures have been relinked, should work now...."

Last edited:

overdog

Enlightened

...thanks for 70.000 views! :p
best regards,
Steffen

overdog

Enlightened

...has anyone an idea, where the Luminous SST-90 GP-binning emitter is available?
Thanks,
Steffen

LarsB

Newly Enlightened

...has anyone an idea, where the Luminous SST-90 GP-binning emitter is available?
Thanks,
Steffen

Does this bin exist at all?!?
I can't find it in the specs: http://www.luminus.com/products/Luminus_SST90_BinningLabeling.pdf
(Via http://www.luminus.com/products/white.html)

Otherwise, have you tried http://www.mouser.com/Luminus-Devic...ers/High-Power-LEDs-White/_/N-8usfj?P=1yzu5p9 ?
(Via http://www.mouser.com/Optoelectronics/LED-Lighting/LED-Emitters/High-Power-LEDs-White/_/N-8usfj/)

Good luck!

overdog

Enlightened

Hi Lars,
tried mouser may 4 or 5 months ago, item was listed but out of stock- you are right, the emitter is not to find anywhere anymore, but:
http://flashlightwiki.com/Luminus
and see this flashlight from a serious seller:
http://www.amazon.com/Eagletac-Rechargeable-Charger-Adapter-included/dp/B00AFCG0RK

????

LarsB

Newly Enlightened

Hi Steffen,
the problem is that only very few bins will actually make it to the consumer market level and will be sold as retail.
The vast majority of bins will only be sold in huge quantities to enterprises and MAYBE to some wholesalers.
LarsB

overdog

Enlightened

...as time goes on- received this: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022075 and added it to a mag 4d, performed by 4x 1D battery- got about 10 amps at tailcap.... bright!

Hi Steffen,
the problem is that only very few bins will actually make it to the consumer market level and will be sold as retail.
The vast majority of bins will only be sold in huge quantities to enterprises and MAYBE to some wholesalers.
LarsB

Latest posts