Favorite budget light 2020

Afraid.of.dark

Newly Enlightened
What flashlight has the warm color light, uses a single 18650, has decent illumination and is a budget option?
That would probably be my pick :)

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Is this the one you are talking about? https://www.amazon.com/Convoy-Green-5Modes-Flashlight-Design/dp/B075MYGXM3
It looks great and it seems to have a perfect EDC size. I also love the green color.. Thanks for your recommendation 😅

That's almost exactly it! Though I recommend you buy it from the AliExpress store, it's much cheaper and you can ask for the LED you want. The 2700K SST20 is lovely in it IMO, though it may be a bit too throwy for others.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely buy through the convoy store on AliExpress. Simon will do some limited options like swap SMO for OP reflector if you message him.

Afraid.of.dark

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip! I didn't know the AliExpress is a recommended shop 😅
Usually I would stay away from those shops. I will search for the specific seller you recommended 😄

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite budget light 2020 is the bare Aluminium Rotary. The upper light is Aluminium, the lower is Titanium.

[FONT=&quot]
UseVMzb.jpg
[/FONT]

bykfixer

Flashaholic
After giving it much thought, my favorite 2020 model budget light would be the Fenix E01v2 simply because it is more versatile to my situation than a Sofirn C01. That and my C01 was replaced by a double a light as the night stand light. A double A light is a bit easier to find when fumbling in the dark.

The Huskys in post 31 ended up being used the most often. But not being regulated by the close of the year the 1 cell one was getting fairly dim. The 2 cell one was replaced by a warm aaa minimag so perhaps that was actually my favorite light of the year even though it's an 017 or 018 model.

elzilcho

Enlightened
My favorite budget light 2020 is the bare Aluminium Rotary. The upper light is Aluminium, the lower is Titanium.

UseVMzb.jpg

That picture has me kicking myself for missing the nekkid Al run.

The only budget-category light I got in 2020 was a titanium Olight i3T and it's a bit of a disappointment. Looks like the Microstream still stands as my favorite budget light, even though it's a couple years old.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
So far, my favorite budget light is the Coast Polysteel 700 (with sidelight). Not something I would EDC, but I've used it on occasion for working on my vehicle at night and for some general duty... props to the focusable Coast headlamp I used for doing some renovation on my kitchen when the power was out and supplementary duty for upgrading the insulation in my attic.

Burgess

Flashaholic
My vote would have to be for the Manker E02II (warm white),
I feel in love instantly with it and it`s been my EDC ever since :)

Based upon your high praise, I ordered this one (in lovely Sand color),
along with their E03Hmk2 in Red, also NW tint).

Received 'em today, 13 days later, direct from China.
Even with yesterday's federal holiday !
Not bad at ALL, for China shipments.

VERY impressed with them Both !

Love the way I can easily choose from
6 different levels of " Moon mode " !
(which is usually my most-used level)

Nice beam, nice workmanship, nice interface !

Thank You for the Tip !

:twothumbs
_

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought several Rayovac 350 lmn Virtually "Indestructible" 2-AA (DIY2AA-BXTB) that I got on sale during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales (one or the other), for Christmas presents.

I removed the Rayovac AA's, put in Lithium AA's, and everyone that got them, LOVES them (so far anyway)!

NiOOH

Enlightened
It's got to be the Convoy M21A, SST40 for me. Good light for not a lot of money.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hard to beat a convoy s2+
reliable,easy to repair if it ever does fail,and often on sale under $10.
easy to hotrod too.

Mag ML50L for twenty bucks on sale at Wally's is tough to beat. I have one that I already like so I bought two for gifts. The other is the Convoy C8 and C8+. Lots of throw for the dollar.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag ML50L for twenty bucks on sale at Wally's is tough to beat. I have one that I already like so I bought two for gifts. The other is the Convoy C8 and C8+. Lots of throw for the dollar.

Can't go wrong with Convoy, can you? I really like the S2+ with SST20 and OP reflector for general use. The C8+ just feels like such a legit light in the hand, too. I have a desert sand ano from a couple years ago that have a wonderfully grippy matte finish. Just picked up a new one to build with a high amp driver and 3500k LH351D so we will see how that turns out! THe nwer one is sand ano as well, but doesn't seem to have that special something the older one has with its extra matte texture.