• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: Custom tactical bodies for Fenix P3D

jolivanra

Newly Enlightened
I just received mine today 3x123 and it looks great, I don't want to sound ignorant, though this is my second "high-tech flashlight", but Do I have to transfer the o-rings from the original Fenix body too?:thinking:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've recently received the 3x123 body from 7777, probably the last of their stock. However, the Turbo Mode doesn't work. I've cleaned and lubed the threads, but it still doesn't work, ie no light at all. Only General Mode works.

I switched it back to the regular P3D body and both modes are fine. Any advice from owners of 3x123 will be appreciated. :thanks:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo makes a connection when the body touches the copper ring on the circuit board. Perhaps the tactical body is too short in the threads to make the connection. Put a metal ring in the head to see if that is the problem. What batteries are you using? Could be the combined length of three is too long, if you are putting the batteries in thru the front.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo makes a connection when the body touches the copper ring on the circuit board. Perhaps the tactical body is too short in the threads to make the connection. Put a metal ring in the head to see if that is the problem. What batteries are you using? Could be the combined length of three is too long, if you are putting the batteries in thru the front.

Omg, Nake. It works! Thanks for the tip!!!:D

And I thought it's because of the surface of the threading, but it's the LENGTH of it. Or maybe it's my batteries? Am using AW RCR.
Thanks again, you saved me from sending it back to 7777, which would probably take about a month, to and fro.

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Omg, Nake. It works! Thanks for the tip!!!:D

And I thought it's because of the surface of the threading, but it's the LENGTH of it. Thanks again, you saved me from sending it back to 7777, which would probably take about a month, to and fro. Wish it was tested before delivery. :thinking:

The thread contact is for the lower modes.

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened
Ok, can't contain myself... was going to wait until it came in the mail but...

I just scored 4sevens' 4-cell p3d body!!!!

Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhooooo!

you all have NO idea how bad I wanted it... this is my utmost flashoholic, "can't justify it at all but have to have it" moment in my flashlight addiction history!!!

I know, I know, what the hell would I want that for... it's too long...

but it also has a run time of 130hours!!! on low. :)

and I can use it to use up my half-used, "don't-want-to-leave-the-house-with-this-cell-in-my-p2d-just-in-case" batteries because of the voltage boost... and it's a light I can hold on to with mittens on.

:) :) :)

I literally am jumping around in glee!!!

Thank you Trevor, thank you David, and thank you PEU!

WHEEEEEEE!

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
if this isn't a happy man, please give me a better example!

soooo... this means that mine just doubled its value? :D

Im open to offers :nana:

img0717fqg.jpg

Pablo

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHAT THE.....!!!!
WHERE THAT 4x123 COMES FROM?!!! I thought they're only protos, not for sale? Where's Peter, I need to talk to him...NOW. :mecry:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
it comes from... me :)

Only two were made as prototypes (read earlier post in this thread) Since David let go his, now mine is the only one up for grabs :D

Pablo

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Nah...I'll pass. I got the 3x123, am happy with it ALTHOUGH the thread did not reach the ring contact for turbo mode. Had to insert a split ring to fill in the gap. Besides, I'm broke from all the Ti purchases :sick2: :broke: Thanks anyway :huh:

jargon

Newly Enlightened
:grin2: Wow that's is sweet ! If you know of anyone selling a 3x body for a p3d I would love to purchase one. Love to have a 4x body as well, aah hell I'm becoming a addict !
help.gif
------ 4-28-09 Found one thanks Cosmo !

Last edited: