FEELER: Montblanc, Prometheus Lights style

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Hi Jason, I don't visit CPF much these days, but saw this thread, and while I think there too many pens on Kickstarter, yours is the first that's actually caught my eye. Just backed you... can't wait! And congrats on the forthcoming new lathe.

Quick question - is very tip of the pen (not the cartridge) is a bit more rounded than the prototype in this CPF thread? Maybe it's just the photo of the pen in this thread is more a "profile" photo. FWIW, I like that the pen in this thread has a slightly more tapered tip, so you can see what you're writing if precision is needed.

This is so awesome... can't wait!

john

archer6817j

Enlightened
Quick question - is very tip of the pen (not the cartridge) is a bit more rounded than the prototype in this CPF thread? Maybe it's just the photo of the pen in this thread is more a "profile" photo. FWIW, I like that the pen in this thread has a slightly more tapered tip, so you can see what you're writing if precision is needed.
john

The final prototypes are more rounded, but it doesn't seem to obstruct the view. All of the prototypes have been shaped by hand, with a file...so there is no "standard" really at this point. I'll have to tweak in the CNC program to make it look "right" :)

ti-EN-single-800.jpg

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was really looking forward to the Ti version, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the plated Al. That way it matches my Alpha!

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was really looking forward to the Ti version, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the plated Al. That way it matches my Alpha!
I'm thinking the other direction. I still don't have an alpha yet (it's been on my "buy list" for a LONG time). I do plan to get one eventually though, and I figured I would make the pen match the future light. ;)

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
The final prototypes are more rounded, but it doesn't seem to obstruct the view. All of the prototypes have been shaped by hand, with a file...so there is no "standard" really at this point. I'll have to tweak in the CNC program to make it look "right" :)

Thanks Jason! :) Can't wait.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jason, I'm glad to see this panning out for you, a look at your Kickstarter page makes me think congratulations are in order! I'm trying to decide if I should go with the Ti or Al, the Al would match the Alpha flashlight, but but titanium is just awesome all on it's own. Anyway, I posted a link to your Kickstarter project on my facebook page, we'll see if I can get some more traffic in your way :thumbsup:

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
I pledged for a Ti however the one regret I already have is the galling I always seem to notice on Ti threads.

If there's a way to minimize that feeling it would be awesome.

Saranic

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on Kickstarter , Thanks for the email notice...I got in on first 100

archer6817j

Enlightened
I pledged for a Ti however the one regret I already have is the galling I always seem to notice on Ti threads.

If there's a way to minimize that feeling it would be awesome.

Nano-Oil :) By definition, galling materials require a lubricant barrier to prevent galling. A healthy "break in" period is also essential. It's less of an issue with the pen because the maximum number of threads engaged is really low, unlike a flashlight or bolt or or something like that.

Robe

Enlightened

Same. Well, I don't have an Alpha, but I really like ti, but I think the smooth nickel plating looks so beautiful. That's what I pledged towards!

Last edited:

Ore

Newly Enlightened
Kickstarter only allows you to pledge once. I think it's possible to manually adjust the amount you pledge to match the price of two or more items. But better ask Jason first.

cowsmilk

Newly Enlightened
Kickstarter only allows you to pledge once. I think it's possible to manually adjust the amount you pledge to match the price of two or more items. But better ask Jason first.

Yes, I was aware I could pledge more. Since he has been answering on this thread, I thought I would ask here.

I'm Moobile, Baby!!!

Harry999

Enlightened
Thanks Jason,

You know I have already pledged for two Ti and two Al. Now get those perks you were thinking about sorted and I will pledge some more. :)

Regards

Harry