Fenix Flashlights Reliable?

mooman

Newly Enlightened
I have been using Fenix lights since they were only 1 watt LEDs running off of 2 AA batteries. I have been upgrading as each successive generation becomes available. So far, I have not had a single issue with any of their lights. I just received a TK-30 and love its form and function. It fits perfectly in my old Streamlight Stinger holster perfectly. All of my older hand me down's are still in use and without issue. I have recommended them to several people at work whom also currently use Fenix lights without issue. My one bit of advice is that you maintain your lights. Clean the contacts and lub the threads at regular intervals.

Niconical

Enlightened
Marduke....

Marduke............

MARDUKE ! It's all your fault!

OK, to cut a long story short....

That was the youtube vid that started it all for me!

I knew I liked flashlights, but had no idea of what was available. I saw that video (I assume it's the same one), then started digging around for more Fenix info. The google searching soon led me to CPF, first some lurking, then I registered, got a TK10 and a P1D Q5 and now more than a year later, well, the standard flashaholic tale, we've all been there.

What I didn't realise is that it was a CPFer who led me here in the first place.

My drawer is now stocked with multiple Surefires.
The TK10 is long gone but I still love that P1D Q5.

:):) So, here is a big :thanks: going out to Marduke :):)

To the OP, sorry for the blatent off topic hijack, but this needed to be said!

OK, back to Fenix now.... :)

nden

Newly Enlightened
I have my first flashlight is the Fenix TK11 R2. I like it a lot and I "fixed" the gap myself. :)

I've owned for almost 2 weeks now. Still running fine.

cbandu

Newly Enlightened
I've tortured my 3 fenixes for the past 2 1/2 years
sssh.gif
and not a burp. I love them. Just make sure you get the right one or you'll end up getting hooked like us on more and more (what? a new tint? gotta have it!)

lovecpf

cubsfan555

Newly Enlightened
I received my LD10 today, and I must say I'm very impressed. The flashlight seems solidly built and the throw exceeds my expectations. :grin2:

brucered

Newly Enlightened
my wife has a L1T V2.0 Q2 Black, E01 Orange Finish, I have a LD20 Black Premium Q5 and they all work GREAT.

when i got the email from 4sevens, i immediately went on and saw the L2d in the clearance and picked up a couple for gifts and 1 for myself for $20 shipped with holsters and spare parts, you can't go wrong.. :D:D:D

WOOOHOOO.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Some idiot posted the deal on slickdeals, which overloaded the system. You probably never completed and paid for your order.

brucered

Newly Enlightened
Some idiot posted the deal on slickdeals, which overloaded the system. You probably never completed and paid for your order.

no i didn't get charged. just disappoint that the dad's won't be getting them.

exodus125

Enlightened
man, i could have gotten my Christmas shopping out of the way EARLY. Next time there's a big sale, someone PM me please, I seem to be lost when these things come up. :tired:

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
Bulletproof reliability

I've got probably eight Fenix lights and I'm a happy customer as they all have done well for me. Let me tell you about my T1, if I may.

I got my Fenix T1 in the mail in the first shipment, IIRC. Pre-ordered. So I've had it for what, about two years?

While it has some issues I don't like (a little slippery when my hands are wet, the irritating crenelations on the tail, odd shape), overall it is my favorite EDC light because of performance and reliability.

Its performance has been flawless.

With plenty of light for outdoor use, both socially and recreationally.

Its 60-lumen "low" setting is perfect for general use and socially to clear rooms, identify targets.

Battery life is outstanding and it's built like a tank.

I drop it in the indoor range to demonstrate the reliability of a quality light during my personal protection classes (and often drop a $1 light from Wal-Mart beside it to demonstrate the difference). It rides alongside my pocket knife most days, only getting a break when I wear 5.11s.

Here's a couple pix:

fenixt1.jpg

Yeah, it's finish is a little beat up, but that's just character. (Yes, I shot RIFLEMAN last weekend!)

fenixt11.jpg

And lastly, me in action with it:

Trainingclass08a.jpg

Yes, if the rest are like the T1, they are reliable.

John

johnny3073

Newly Enlightened
I can honestly say that I've never regretted buying a Fenix. I wouldn't care if they were made on Mars. Fact is fact, and from my personal experience, Fenix makes a great light.

I've never had any complaints about the UI either. At least you don't have to do the hokey-pokey while patting your head and rubbing your belly to get one to change modes.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Just to chime in, I really wasn't sure about Fenix's quality being a long time Surefire user but one day I ordered a P2D Rebel 100, P3D Q5 and P1D Q5. I've used the P2D daily for more than a year now and it's been very reliable. The P3D and P1D don't get much use but the P2D Rebel 100 sits on my belt.

I had fears that the clickie would quit and put a L2D body with backup tailcap and battery in a pocket as a backup. It hasn't failed at all.

I have to say that I am quite happy with the reliability. Surefire is still tops for reliability for me (non-clickie switches) and I carry a C2 with M60 in the jacket pocket but I'd say that you shouldn't have to worry about the Fenix models.

I even picked up a TK40 but it's too new to really judge reliability. One thing I not like is the switch. It's just too easy to switch on. I certainly would not throw it in a backpack without locking it out. I've never had to worry about that with other clickies before.

Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I caught the "Fenix bug" over 3 years ago. E01, L1D, P1D, CE TK-10, L0D-Microstream.. LOTS os heavy EDC use specifically with the L0D and P1 D CE and currently have the E01 on keys. I've had my P1D in for repair and 4Sevens is a great place to buy them. Overall I would say they are an excellent value and are reliable.
It's tough not to compare them to the O-Lights.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Never had any problems with my Fenix lights. To add to what Marduke said, Fenix-store has been great to deal with over the years. I have a Fenix E0 getting beat up on my keychain for two years now and it still work fine. The only reason I have sold mine in the past is to fund more higher end purchases.

I am having trouble deciding between the TK30 and the TK40. I prefer the rotating bezel to change output. I hate clicking 5 times to rotate between modes but I like the 630 lumens.

Is it true I can only leave turbo mode on for 15 minutes at a time in the TK40?