Fenix HP20 released !!

MCRider

Newly Enlightened
Very cool, a good headlamp is a great thing. Doing a lot more camping and a good headlamp makes all the difference when trying to set up a tent.

Hopefully Fenix will make a diffuser for the lamp so it can be easily used for reading or to hang from the top of the tent / hammock. I'd also prefer a warm spectrum....

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe because I am limited on Net time each day and skimming past them, but where is or when will come the parade of real user reviews/impression of this light? Is it the lack of reviews because no one has any strong feeling or just 5 people who own the light so far?

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
i agree not sure why no one has bought this ?

i expected reviews with in a week of its release.

ive seen nothing . i dont understand the reason

i plan on getting this in decemeber

are people not liking it?

leaftye

Newly Enlightened
I have a HP10. I see no reason for me to upgrade unless they provide different battery packs. Without different battery packs it's pretty much just a heavier and more expensive HP10.

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened
I almost jumped on one of these till I thought about it more carefully. For me, its the nuisance and bulk of a remote mounted battery pack that keeps me away. Instead, I modded an old Black Diamond Icon (3 x AAA rear head mounted pack) with an XP-G and its now as bright and lasts as long as one of my well driven (1.6A) 1 x 18650 XP-G lights. There are many others modding their old headlamps in a similar way and getting excellent results.

Links:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3482419&postcount=82

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3499547&postcount=83

38bdbe8e.jpg

I once owned a very old headlamp years ago with 4 remote mounted D cells and it was a real pain in the ***. Not for the weight of the pack but because the cord seemed to get hung on everything and felt awkward dangling to my hip. It simply wasnt comfortable. IMHO, todays modern LED headlamps simply don't need remote packs unless they are driving LEDs with very large amperage requirements (+3A). But then, cooling would be the challenge, not the battery supply.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mod, but a single 18650 contains about 3 times as much energy as 3 NiMH AAAs so it can't be as bright and run as long as an 18650 based light ;)