Fenix LD20 died over the weekend

cykninja

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

My trusty Fenix LD20 finally died a couple of weekends ago. I turned the head to adjust the intensity and it started to flicker. I tightened it again and it stopped flickering and turned off completely.

Changed the batteries over, cleaned the contacts and made sure everything was tight.

How long should I expect my flashlight to last? It had lasted ~21st of Jan 2012 until 13th of Dec 2014.

Cheers

kj2

Flashaholic
They should work for more than 2-3 years. Would contact your seller/dealer if you know, where you bought it. Or contact Fenix directly.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
Check the switch retaining ring on the inside of the tailcap, tighten with small needle-nose pliers. Had very similar problem with my LD20 a couple of years ago.

Edit to add: If the ring is tight and it's still giving you grief, try the paperclip test to determine whether you have a switch or driver problem.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Changed the batteries over, cleaned the contacts and made sure everything was tight.
Sorry to hear about your light. When you say everything was tight, did you also check and tighten the ring in the tailcap?
Though all lights fail, I agree with KJ2 that Fenix lights should last longer than 2 or 3 years.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix P3D from 2007 and it is still going strong. I use it all the time and I have moded it with the newer XP-E2 and use AW 16340 cells.

I would do the checks that Gravel monkey suggested.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

Sorry to hear about your light. They should work for much longer than just a couple of years. 10 year minimum at least. As long as you take care of and properly maintain your lights.

cykninja

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix LD20 died over the weekend *case closed*

Okay you guys rock!

Tightened the inner end cap and that did the trick.

Thanks for reviving my good old LD20. I did ask for a new light this Christmas so now I have a backup :D

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to hear that you fixed! The forum members ARE great here! Members helping members is what it is all about. :thumbsup:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you got sorted, the switch can work its way loose after time and needs periodic tightening. The switch on my L2D broke earlier this year after over 6 years. I replaced it with the switch from an old ultra fire C3 from 2007 and it now works a charm again.Tony

Latest posts