Fenix P1 SSC P4 (Last Luxeon Standing)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last Luxeon light gets a new brain.

The start. Must remove evil emitter from pill. Which soon proves to be almost impossible as Fenix have used some really tough epoxy to fix the emitter. Strangely they neglected the threads on the pill in their epoxy mania. Contacts have been desoldered. Violence is about to start.
StefenFS - nice job and thanks for the entertaining write up. :lolsign:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
It gets even better, now it's updated with much nicer beamshots. I think it's time to order one of the the new generation P1 after being inspired by Nereus P1D CE mod to SSC.
Stefan

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have sent an email to fenix pleading with them to release an updated version of the P1 for those of us that do not want/need a 5 mode larger version.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone,
I agree. Good luck with the pleading.... The only thing missing for my modded P1 is a deeper reflector for more throw, but that would increase it's lenght.
Stefan

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was able to save the luxeon by using a thin small screwdriver, and not prying up, but pushing to the side of the luxeon. It broke free from the epoxy that way. Then I used some acetone to clean up the remaining epoxy. I might of even twisted the screwdriver to push to the side, I can't remember.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... Anybody else done this? If so what are yor impressions? Do you like your new P1? Or are you dissatisfied? I like this light, please give your opinion if you did SSC your P1.
Stefan

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Soon it's seven years. I still use this light every day, all year, carried in it's belt holster. Never a failure. The only other lights that has been working without problems are my modded Mags and my Liteflux LF1 with updated emitters. All other lights I've had during this time have failed in some way.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Soon it's seven years. I still use this light every day, all year, carried in it's belt holster. Never a failure. The only other lights that has been working without problems are my modded Mags and my Liteflux LF1 with updated emitters. All other lights I've had during this time have failed in some way.

:wow: That is quite impressive, IMHO.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I swapped out an old lux in my streamlight luxeon jr with an SSC P4 also years back. The lux was sort of greenish and the output seemed to be both whiter and about 50% brighter. I'm wondering if a more efficient emitter would be worthwhile and a driver update but it may need to be 1 mode driver as I use the light in tactical mode when I walk.