"Fenix" Pronunciation

NeoteriX

Newly Enlightened
Re: How to Pronounce Fenix???

Don't you think a name with two "n"s should sound different than one with only one "n"? :)

Innova = in-nova
Inova = eye-nova

Alloy Addict

Enlightened

I just e-mailed Emmissive Energy. When/If I get an answer I will post it here.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened

Thank you for your recent interest in Emissive Energy Corp. and our INOVA® products. The way to pronounce our brand of flashlights is "In-o-vah" ; much like the word "innovate".

Hopefully this will answer your question, but as always; some say 'tom-ayto', some say 'tom-ato'.

Please don't hesitate to contact me should you need further assistance.

Thank you for your inquiry!

Best Regards,

--
Katie Cocuzzo
Customer Service
(phone # removed)
[email protected]

Emissive Energy Corp.
135 Circuit Drive
North Kingstown, RI 02852
www.inovalight.com

This is the e-mail I got back from Innova.
http://www.inovalight.com/

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess that is case closed then. I actually thought the Inova name was a marketing ploy that everyone jumped on the bandwagon with "i"-anything, just to mimic the success Apple had with the imac, ipod etc.

In Inova's case, I presumed the i-Nova would have been too obvious with the lower case "i" but the Nova was to represent a spectacular Nova or Supernova in reference to the blindingly flash of light those generate, which would actually make for a great logo.

The innovate reference seems cheesier than my idea, but then again they are making millions and I am sitting here on my computer.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another idea that I thought would have supported the I-Nova pronunciation was that of Isaac Asimov, with his book entitled I, robot. And since the newest LED lights have a certain geek factor to them it makes this sort of Sci-fi.

todo

Newly Enlightened
Fenix or Phoenix

Ok someone please clear this up for me, my son says Phoenix for Fenix, I say Fenix with soft a E who is right?

Bullzaye

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix or Phoenix

I've never heard what the official pronounciation is, but I always say Phoenix.
Then again, I live in Phoenix...
Tim

cutlerylover

Banned
Re: Fenix or Phoenix

Yeah I agree with Phoenix.....All I know about flashlights I got from this sight, I never talked in person to anyone who knows anythgin about flashlights yet I say Fenix prenounced like Phoenix?

Good question, lol...Now I will be questioning other name brands too...lol...

:huh2: :awman: :poke: :thinking: :wtf:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
phoenix (fee-niks) - A constellation in the Southern Hemisphere near Tucana and Sculptor.

See the star used for the "dot" on the I? This could also represent the Sun, which would be in reference to Greek mythology and the bird's association with the sun god Apollo.

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what the name mean in Chinese(since it comes from china)? Maybe cheaper to print fenix than Pheonix, can save 2 letters already.

Whatever it is, their design is uptodate with technology however pricing on a higher side than reasonable IMHO.

tesseract

Newly Enlightened
As 'phoenix'. I like the plural 'Fenices' too (rhymes with 'seas', on pattern of 'indices', etc.). :)

Latest posts