• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FINISHED (after shipping) Min-T CNC Bike Light

Gunnar

Newly Enlightened
Re: Taking Orders/Payment : min-T CNC Bike Light

My idea would be to, screw out the 'ball' that fixes the HB/ Helmet mount. & using a sep bolt, attach a different 'one bolt' type head band mount...I use a vistalite verson...comes as a head band...takes one bolt & works well...

just & idea

K

I have searched the web, but all 'one bolt' type head band mounts have found have the bolt hole going horisiontaly from side to side.
Do the vistalite have the hole verticaly so it can fit together with the min-T ?

Regardas
Gunnar

ktronik

Enlightened

This is what I use, the vistalite version...I have worn it on my head, as the base swings up & down, it works fine...

helmetmint.jpg

This light is made to mount on the bar or the helmet, it is not recommended to wear this light on your bare head, while operating on max power, while not moving.

K

dom

Enlightened

Hi Folks
Well -the wait is almost over -thanks again for your patience:thumbsup:

The full built-up kit min-T's will be off to see the wizard tomorrow -probably get to his place in a couple days -then you can wait some more till he zaps them with some life.

The shell kits can go when the recipients are ready:)

The light pipes are all stuck in and all the text is in the shown style -looked better than the straight text.

1873917446_4dae07f82e_o.jpg

1873093641_37b1dbe164_o.jpg

Cheers
Dom

mattp94

Newly Enlightened

Horrayyyy:party::twothumbs

So that one on the right'll be mine then.

PayPal sent and now eagerly awaiting the post man.

Thanks again for a beautiful job,

Matt

TOMTEC

Newly Enlightened

Wow, looks like I totally missed the boat on this one... I'll have to put a watch on this thread for the next round. The min-T looks amazing! If, by chance, one of the Shell Kits become available, please let me know!

TOMTEC

ktronik

Enlightened

DOM, DOM, DOM, we cheer!! :twothumbs

looks kick ***!!!

K

SurfHenk

Newly Enlightened

What a terrific job Dom!!!

Can't wait to stick one of these beauties to my helmet (and bang it on all the branches it will encounter ;) )

dom

Enlightened

Thanks Guys
Hope everything works out well .
Sending them to Ktronik was delayed a day as i had the mount rubber not sticking as well as on the one i originally done.
I'll have to look further into this -but i have stuck them as best possible.

I think i had the original one clamped to a handlebar for a couple hours to let things set really well.
Emory(sand) the mount surface -coat with glue and clamp on bar or 22 diameter for awhile.If there is peeling on the ends -a few drops of glue and wipe off the excess.
This will be the glue to use until something perfect is found.

But anyway -have added a few extra rubber pads in case -you just might have to invest in some glue -good stuff to have around the house anyway and great to stick cut body parts back together:D

1910830387_f2b3d21a97_o.jpg

Cheers
Dom

Last edited:

dom

Enlightened

Wow, looks like I totally missed the boat on this one... I'll have to put a watch on this thread for the next round. The min-T looks amazing! If, by chance, one of the Shell Kits become available, please let me know!

TOMTEC

Hi TOMTEC
Will Do:thumbsup:

Cheers
Dom

mattp94

Newly Enlightened

I was just trying to work out the burn time for these lights. If I run them at 1A using a 14.8v 6600mAh battery, by my calculations that would give in excess of 7hours.

That seems an awfully long burn time. Have I messed up somewhere?:duh2:

SurfHenk

Newly Enlightened

I was just trying to work out the burn time for these lights. If I run them at 1A using a 14.8v 6600mAh battery, by my calculations that would give in excess of 7hours.

No you have not. In fact, I think it will give you a burn time of around or over 8 hours @ 1A so unless you plan on doing 24 hour races or 8 hour night rides, a smaller and therefore lighter battery would be more than sufficiënt...

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Guys
Hope everything works out well .
Sending them to Ktronik was delayed a day as i had the mount rubber not sticking as well as on the one i originally done.
I'll have to look further into this -but i have stuck them as best possible.

I think i had the original one clamped to a handlebar for a couple hours to let things set really well.

But anyway -have added a few extra rubber pads in case -you just might have to invest in some glue -good stuff to have around the house anyway and great to stick cut body parts back together:D

Urethane adhesive would work great for that application.

dom

Enlightened

Hi TB
Is this the sort of stuff you recommend ?
http://ellsworth.com/display/productdetail.html?productid=937&Tab=Vendors

Looking around you can also get similar stuff as hotmelt sticks which sound interesting as well.
I've had the one on my bike for a a few weeks and it is sticking pretty well -but a 100% solution would be better.

Cheers
Dom

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic

Sikaflex construction adhesive would be your friend. I'll bet any sort of silicone adhesive would work as well. Superglue doesn't like to flex, and doesn't work well on rubber. I mean unless you don't want it to - and then there's nothing better.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi TB
Is this the sort of stuff you recommend ?
http://ellsworth.com/display/productdetail.html?productid=937&Tab=Vendors

Looking around you can also get similar stuff as hotmelt sticks which sound interesting as well.
I've had the one on my bike for a a few weeks and it is sticking pretty well -but a 100% solution would be better.

Cheers
Dom
This one, I think...I will confirm when I get home from work.

HARDMAN ® Urethane D-85 Adhesive DOUBLE/BUBBLE ® Blue/Beige Package 3.5GR

Not the D-85...I have the A-85 Urethane...I don't dee it on the Ellsworth site :shrug:

Dom, PM your mailing address, and I'll send you a pack to try.

***Best to test before ordering***

Last edited:

ktronik

Enlightened

will be more as SurfHenk said...

given that the battery will be more like 16v after charge...the LEDs need around 11-12v + overhead (1A)... from the battery you will be taking 800-900ma. More once battery drains...

a few week ago, in the Australian 24hr race, my test rider said that 1A was way to bright...he only really used the low beam...set @ 400-450ma...

so a 6600ma/hr battery used this way may last 10-12hr +...

for under 20km laps, I use a 2200ma/hr...& swap when I go through transition. less weight on the ride...for a point to point when the 6600ma/hr is best...

But I only use battery for my head... the bar mounted unit is driven via a dynamo hub... that way if the charge tent goes down or if my batterys go bung... I still have light... :cool:

K

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

This one, I think...I will confirm when I get home from work.

HARDMAN ® Urethane D-85 Adhesive DOUBLE/BUBBLE ® Blue/Beige Package 3.5GR

Dom, PM your mailing address, and I'll send you a pack to try.

***Best to test before ordering***
Package says, Reorder # 04024, it is from Ellsworth.

The package description is...Flexible, high peel-strength adhesive...It mixes to a dark grey/black color.

Dom, I have a few packets, if you want to give some a try...I'll flip for the shipping, just PM your mailing address.

dom

Enlightened

Thanks TB
The gluing is all in the method -i have been a bit under the weather lately and forgot the preparation i did on the original mount.
So your glue won't be necessary -thanks very much for the generous offer though:twothumbs

Anyway - i edited the pic in post #129 and i just emoried(sandpapered) the mount surface and clamped the mount to let it set well.

NOTE: Ktronik -the glue i sent with the housings is the wrong stuff (Loctite 401) -it should be Loctite 406 -i'll rocket some up if you can't get any.

I've just let the mount set for 1/2 hr and can't rip the rubber off -it had bonded VERY well -as you can see.
1911891950_5a3cfb282b_o.jpg

We'll have to put this in the build-up section as the ones already done will likely have problems.

Cheers
Dom

dom

Enlightened

Sikaflex construction adhesive would be your friend. I'll bet any sort of silicone adhesive would work as well. Superglue doesn't like to flex, and doesn't work well on rubber. I mean unless you don't want it to - and then there's nothing better.

Hi Darell
I thought the same when using superglue -but any silicone products i tried (i tried a few LOL) would not stick.
The Loctite 406 will penetrate below the surface of the rubber by about 0.2mm and that area won't flex where it is stuck to the Delrin -but the rest of the rubber still flexes fine.

Problem sorted anyway:)

Cheers
Dom