• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FINISHED (after shipping) Min-T CNC Bike Light

ktronik

Enlightened
Re: Taking Orders/Payment : min-T CNC Bike Light

Progress report:

So far I have 5 units fully built & ready for programing. Hope to ship these Monday / Tuesday.

The other 5 units have their faces done & ready for wiring.

It was a lot more work that I first thought.... :whistle: 2 weeks was a bit optimistic. As this is still a proto run, I forgot the first few would be a bit slower, till I got the build process down pat.

I have gone over board a little on the water proofing, this time... as its a new product & don't have a lot of rider feedback @ the moment...

I think of you guys @ CPF as 'test riders'... knowing more than the average light user, you will help me tweek the product so it can be better each run we do... this is reflected in the price you guys are paying.

unfortunately, when the final 'retail sale' version comes out, it will be more expensive... this is mainly due to the fact that the housings are fully CNC made & the cost for Dom to book these huge machines is very expensive & time consuming. @ the moment Dom can only make one light @ a time... & when you are dealing with a cutter that cuts 0.1mm each sweep... the time really adds up...

Anyway, hope to have the rest built & shipped by next weekend...

thanks for waiting

best

Ktronik

Last edited:

white light

Enlightened

Thanks for the update :).It reallly helps on the wait.Things look awsome so far at this point :thumbsup:.

ktronik

Enlightened

Unless people tell me otherwise I will be programing as follows:

DUOMODE: on (L2 low beam)
DRIVE LEVEL: Max 1000ma
SUPER LOCK: off
V STAT LOW: 13v
V STAT MED: 14.3v
POWER ON MODE: off
THERMAL PROTECT: 70 deg

This is the simplest settings for you to get use to the operation of your new light. Once you get use to it, you can change it to MULTI-MODE if you wish.

K

ktronik

Enlightened

Issues:

As their are now 2 clamp mounting holes, I will be putting the clamp in the main 'underneath' hole (unless told otherwise)

Dom has made me separate 'clamp' tool to squish the o-ring down to tighten the front bezel. It may be that, by hand, you will not be able to remove it, once full tightened down (I will test). so the people that ordered 2 different lens, may not be able to change them... I will get back to you on this when it is done.

Again thanks for waiting...by this week end I will have most lights packed & ready to post. I thought I could have them done last week, but chrissy visitors put a end to that idea...

sadly Darell & I will have to wait a little longer to get their lights built... :(

but Darell should get his in time for chrissy...

with re-glueing the clamps & making the remotes, time has blown out a bit...

but it will be worth the wait for the price you guys are paying...

best

Ktronik

dom

Enlightened

Good going Ktronik:thumbsup:

Don't try to unscrew the bezel without pressure from a clamp and blocks though - the optic may grip,snap the legs and then :poof: the domes off the LEDs

The idea is to have downwards pressure on the optic when doing up or undoing the bezel -if done properly they won't ever loosen.

PS. Finally got some mount balls done on the NC lathe -which are perfect round -these will be sent to everyone to replace the original ones done with a form tool. The original ones will bed in and tighten up after some use -but the NC ones are much tighter straight away.
They have to be drilled,tapped and flats put on -should do them this weekend and hopefully sent to Ktronik before the min-T's are sent -if not,you will get them later.
Cheers
Dom

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't try to unscrew the bezel without pressure from a clamp and blocks though - the optic may grip,snap the legs and then :poof: the domes off the LEDs

The idea is to have downwards pressure on the optic when doing up or undoing the bezel -if done properly they won't ever loosen.

PS. Finally got some mount balls done on the NC lathe -which are perfect round -these will be sent to everyone to replace the original ones done with a form tool. The original ones will bed in and tighten up after some use -but the NC ones are much tighter straight away.
They have to be drilled,tapped and flats put on -should do them this weekend and hopefully sent to Ktronik before the min-T's are sent -if not,you will get them later.
Cheers
Dom

Can we get a photo of this technique so that we'll know how to change the optics on our own? Thanks.

Wow, our first upgrade--even before delivery--now that's service.! :twothumbs

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can we get a photo of this technique so that we'll know how to change the optics on our own? Thanks.

Wow, our first upgrade--even before delivery--now that's service.! :twothumbs
Fred, the pic is somewhere on this thread...Dom uses a bar clamp (like the popular Quick-Grip, bar clamp) and a block placed on the optic/lens, to compress the o-ring.

dom

Enlightened

LOL -Thanks TB
You can have a look at the build-up pics at the website Ktronik made ,under "products" on the first page ,for a quick reference.

Though these pix have to be updated for more detail and changing ideas.

Here is a better pic of what is needed for swapping optic.
The rear packer needs clearance so it won't squish the wiring and the front packer needs to be undercut in the middle so only the edge of the optic has pressure on it when clamping.

For homemade packers -a suitable bit of round wood,just a bit smaller than the inner diameter of the bezel,with the middle hollowed out a little would be fine.

For the rear -some square bits of wood -maybe 1" -would also do the job.

2079646614_8818fc64f3_o.jpg

Cheers
Dom

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cheers
Dom
Dom, can you make the flats for the mount ball, for a 10mm wrench?

dom

Enlightened

Hi TB -no.
8mm is about the biggest i could go -but the larger you go on the nut -the less movement you will be able to swivel. Or the flats will be very small to keep the same swivel movement and you would probably strip the flats trying to do it up.

2080110548_437a1d3481_o.jpg

Why do you want 10mm?

Cheers
Dom

Gunnar

Newly Enlightened

Dom, can you make the flats for the mount ball, for a 10mm wrench?

I suggest you make the flats in what ever size you want.
But make only 2 flats so they will be so wide so its impossible to fail with an adjustable spanner / wrench.

/Gunnar

dom

Enlightened

Hi Gunnar
The reason for 6 flats is if 1 set strips -you have another to work off.
Really -there should be no issue of doing these up if you invest in a 1/4" spanner -and how many times will you be taking it on/off?

I don't think there will be room to fit an adjustable spanner either unless you have a slim one -i'll have to try mine at work to be sure though.

Cheers
Dom

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi TB -no.
8mm is about the biggest i could go -but the larger you go on the nut -the less movement you will be able to swivel. Or the flats will be very small to keep the same swivel movement and you would probably strip the flats trying to do it up.

2080110548_437a1d3481_o.jpg

Why do you want 10mm?

Cheers
Dom
Sorry Dom...

No need for 10mm...I should have asked if you can make the nut metric, instead of S.A.E. sized...I only carry metric tools, in my repair kit.

Gunnar

Newly Enlightened

Hi Gunnar
The reason for 6 flats is if 1 set strips -you have another to work off.
Really -there should be no issue of doing these up if you invest in a 1/4" spanner -and how many times will you be taking it on/off?

I don't think there will be room to fit an adjustable spanner either unless you have a slim one -i'll have to try mine at work to be sure though.

Cheers
Dom

Yea i agree!
I will probably never remove the ball anyway. Put the ball in the rear (allmost wrote: "in my" rear .. :eek: )hole if you have time before you ship mine.

/Gunnar

SurfHenk

Newly Enlightened

Dom,
thank you once more for the regular updates and improvements!!
I for one prefer a metric bolt, so 6mm would be great!

ktronik

Enlightened

Update:

Big storm up here... must of had a lightning strike on the powerlines... lost a computer, a modem & cat5 hub / switch... lots of stuff fried :sick2: strangely the mac survived so using that...

forgot about the power extensions... do these tonight...then off to dom for the new 'balls' in the mounts...

K

mattp94

Newly Enlightened

I've been using my Min-T for a couple of weeks now and it really has been a delight compared to all my other lighting options. The only thing I would have to say is that the 10° optic still gives a very wide spread of light. This is great for lighting up overhanging tree branches and such but I could also do with more of a spot.

My ideal scenario would be to have the 10° light on the handlebars and a tighter spotlight on my helmet so that the spot would penetrate a bit further.

Does anyone know of an alternative optic that would achieve this, or is there a way to modify one of my existing 10° optics to make it more of a spot?

As you can probably see from these questions, I could do with another Min-T shell kit, please put me down for one if you make another batch.

Cheers
Matt