Flashlight for firefighter

AstralWraith

Newly Enlightened
I am a firefighter and am trying to pick a secondary flashlight. The primary I keep on my coat, it is an L shape with a wide throw and relatively low intensity, but it gets the job done when a very bright light is not needed. Unfortunately the wide throw means that it causes extreme close range blindness and inability to discern the direction of the beam throw when used in smoke due to no focus in the beam.
Additionally in a smoky situation, I do not want a flashlight so bright as to cause flash blindness if it hits another person briefly in the eyes at relatively close range in a light smoke atmosphere, but I doubt this will really be a problem as the beam will be pointed downwards at an angle or used for very long range illumination of rescue targets. I could use some recommendations for this, as I am inexperienced with effects of brighter lights on the eyes.
My current requirements are extreme durability and preferable some heat resistance, a size I could figure out a helmet mount system for or unclip and use as a handheld standard flashlight, the flashlight has to have a very narrow throw with very little 'flood light' effect, and finally should be atleast 500 lumens, maximum of about 1000 lumens.

3Cylinders

Newly Enlightened
May I ask what you are using as a primary light now? Also, what is your budget? I think the best setup would be a bright high lumen throwy right angle light on your jacket like the Foxfury BT3 and a small, lower-powered helmet mounted light like the Streamlight Vantage.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I am a firefighter and am trying to pick a secondary flashlight. The primary I keep on my coat, it is an L shape with a wide throw and relatively low intensity, but it gets the job done when a very bright light is not needed. Unfortunately the wide throw means that it causes extreme close range blindness and inability to discern the direction of the beam throw when used in smoke due to no focus in the beam.
Additionally in a smoky situation, I do not want a flashlight so bright as to cause flash blindness if it hits another person briefly in the eyes at relatively close range in a light smoke atmosphere, but I doubt this will really be a problem as the beam will be pointed downwards at an angle or used for very long range illumination of rescue targets. I could use some recommendations for this, as I am inexperienced with effects of brighter lights on the eyes.
My current requirements are extreme durability and preferable some heat resistance, a size I could figure out a helmet mount system for or unclip and use as a handheld standard flashlight, the flashlight has to have a very narrow throw with very little 'flood light' effect, and finally should be atleast 500 lumens, maximum of about 1000 lumens.

Why do you think you need 500-1000 lumens? Not arguing with ya, just wondering where you got the number from.

For throwers, lots of people ignore the lumens and just look at the lux/cd

I got a Fenix E40 a couple months back, it has 17,500cd, and if you want to use AAs, that's gonna be hard to beat.
Even at the 30 lumen setting it out throws just about all of my lights.

The only AA light that I know of, with more throw, is the Fenix TK41 which is 59000cd... I can't even imagine that kind of throw.