Flashlight made of wood

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
How about linseed oil on walnut, with some parkerized-metal trim- kinda like my Garand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Larry

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Whiskeypapa, thanks for that informative tip. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that CA glue could be used for a wood finish. Awesome hardness. It took a few tries, but I just applied some to my Louisville Slugger, and man, I am really impressed with the hardness of the finish. Found some more info on the subject here: Woodturner's Resource

It just shows to go you, there's always something new to learn everyday.

Ed

K-T

*Moderator*
I received an answer from that guy. On my question what kind of wood the body was made of he answered that he didn't know but it was quite tough. The question on what kind of batteries are used, he said they were "the round ones used in flashlights". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif That makes only 278.273 different types of round batteries to chose from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif He also told me that he has lots of them left so there is no need to worry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a general approximation, Euros ~= Dollars, or you can try http://xe.com for a precise answer.

Pretty cheap considering the work that obviously went into making it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif