Flashlight used by those with frequent hotel stays

bigfoot

Enlightened
Having spent plenty of nights in hotels -- the long-lasting flashlight that uses common batteries is a plus. I've currently got an Arc (AAA-P) and a Pak-Lite (Super) for this duty. The tail standing ability of the Pak-Lite works well for putting it on bathroom counters, etc.

:green: As far as using a UV light in a room... another "no thanks" vote here. It's bad enough just picturing the bed bugs crawling all over you at night!

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
I spend about 50 or 60 nights year in hotel rooms. I carry several lights with me, and change them around as the mood hits me. One thing consistent though is that I try to have the same type lights at all times. These are a relatively low or adjustable level light for rummaging around at night, going to the bathroom or whatever and something bright and incandescent in case of a smoke situation. Note that an A2 fits both bills and I have traveled with an A2 on my nightstand frequently. I usually also have either an HDS or a Novatac and an Arc P in my briefcase. I used to also carry an Eternalight but havent recently.

My current, in addition to a Novatac and an Arc P which are in my pocket is a Streamlight sidewinder for basic use around the room in the dark and a SF E2e with a Lumen factory 90 lumen bulb and a rechargeable cell in it for emergencies. I also carry spare rechargables and primary 123s. AAs I dont bother carrying.

Illum

Flashaholic
I'll use one of my EDC lights, which is either an Arc-AAA or Proton, since being replaced with a Proton Pro. Whatever you do, DO NOT us a UV light in a hotel room. Trust me on this.

been there done that....5 UV fauxtons and 2 hours later...I decided to sleep on the car

to topic:
SF A2 in pocket [locked out]
Pak-lite beside the alarm clock, set on low [I need a nightlight]
Fenix P1-CE on neck [locked out]

Last edited:

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
been there done that....5 UV fauxtons and 2 hours later...I decided to sleep on the car

LOL

You're almost better packing your own army cot along and seeing if you can get a small discount on the room for not using the beds. :laughing:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I normally carry my Arc AAA on a neck chain and a Nuwaii Q3 in my pocket. Add to that a cheap cree AA (elly?) and either the Pentagon Molle or RIver Rock AA (just because there are gadget loops on the maxpedition bag and a cell pouch :thumbsup:). Plus whatever new toy I have handy.

If I carry an eternalight, I tell the TSA screener that it is a pocket phaser. 80% don't know what I am talking about. But most people don't know what I ramble on about. :party:

I have been lucky and not found anything with my UV light yet. :green:

BSBG

Enlightened
For me, a Milkyspit ML1 works great with the ultra low option. Two levels: one for trips to the bathroom and one for lighting up the whole place if necessary. I will sometimes bring an E2e or an A2 as a backup. Prior to the ML1, an A2 was my preferred travel light.

Spare batteries are in a TAD gear BATUCA case (actually just one half) I keep 3 CR123s for the lights, one AA for my wireless mouse and one AAA for my noise canceling headphones.

And no there is never a problem getting through airport security (another whole thread :eek:)

arty

Enlightened
I had a power failure at a hotel in PA once, and forgot my jeans in a dark room. No flashlight was at hand.

I was wearing another pair when I left the hotel.

I just got back from a trip to Cancun. I have an ARC on my keyring, but we used a Peak Matterhorn 3LED w/pocket body and a Peak Pacific with pocket AA body for navigating to the bathroom in the dark when needed. Both worked well as night lights when tail standing.

I like to have a light handy that uses AA or AAA when on trips.

Illum

Flashaholic
LOL

You're almost better packing your own army cot along and seeing if you can get a small discount on the room for not using the beds. :laughing:

cot? no :thanks:
Minivan with chairs removed + inflatable mattress works pretty well:grin2:
although its a bit snug with the bed set diagonally [one side on top of luggage]