Flashlights for flashing at ghost?

Illum

Flashaholic
well, reports of ghosts/ectoplasm/lights have been observed under bridges has been around for many years now, in many different countries. Supposedly theres been a confirmation somewhere where a ghosthunter measured ESD readings under certain bridges and found something odd about the readings.

Personally I'd consider an alternative route if you happen to cross the bridge for work or whatever you may need to go. Any reckless decisions might entice the ghost or entity to follow you and that...well, lets just say exorcism isn't a permanent fix.

edit:
As soon as I see a video of something that I couldn't personally make with a sony handy-cam and final cut pro, I'll be a believer. Till then.... I'll keep on looking :)

look up Teresa Noble, 1983, Brazil. Personally I found it aexceptionally convincing...especially with the photographic conditions...
heres the link...from Taiwan anyway: www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_aZroAfaO8

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
ghostbustersSF.png

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ghosts have been known to drain the energy out of electronic devices, so you should probably have some sort of carbide lamp. I can't really be of much help, though; my specialty is zombies.

For this very reason, I'd go with an M6 running two AW 18650 cells. Why rechargeable?

Here is my theory :laughing:

Okay, so we've all heard the stories about flashlight's batteries getting instantly drained when seeing a ghost. Correct me if I'm wrong, but batteries produce electricity via a chemical reaction, so that very reaction must occur even for the ghost if it wants your energy. Most ghosthunters, not being flashaholics, probably use alkaline batteries. So when the ghosts tries to sucks the batteries down at a very rapid rate, it must exceed the alkaline's max discharge rate, thus killing the cell.

But you see, with AW's protected cells, when the ghost tries to steal the energy from my M6, it'll probably be greedy and try to steal it really fast and will accordingly trip the 5A protection in the AW cell. Then the ghost will be out of luck. The ghost will most likely give up and try to find cheap energy from someone else's flashlight. Just be sure not to use AW's new IMR18650 since they can discharge at really high rates and aren't protected. They would be easy for the taking by the ghost!

That's my theory anyway after reading this thread. :laughing:

brucec

Enlightened
:lolsign:The funny part about the ghost I've seen is real weird, he's got long thick hair covering his face, sleeping under a bridge.

Sounds like a bum to me.

Seriously, I don't believe in ghosts, but I always tell my friends that do to remember reciprocity. If they can touch you, you can touch them back. Sometimes this makes people feel better.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
For this very reason, I'd go with an M6 running two AW 18650 cells. Why rechargeable?

Here is my theory :laughing:

Okay, so we've all heard the stories about flashlight's batteries getting instantly drained when seeing a ghost. Correct me if I'm wrong, but batteries produce electricity via a chemical reaction, so that very reaction must occur even for the ghost if it wants your energy. Most ghosthunters, not being flashaholics, probably use alkaline batteries. So when the ghosts tries to sucks the batteries down at a very rapid rate, it must exceed the alkaline's max discharge rate, thus killing the cell.

But you see, with AW's protected cells, when the ghost tries to steal the energy from my M6, it'll probably be greedy and try to steal it really fast and will accordingly trip the 5A protection in the AW cell. Then the ghost will be out of luck. The ghost will most likely give up and try to find cheap energy from someone else's flashlight. Just be sure not to use AW's new IMR18650 since they can discharge at really high rates and aren't protected. They would be easy for the taking by the ghost!

That's my theory anyway after reading this thread. :laughing:

thats a really good reason to switch over to AW cells...:sssh:

Crenshaw

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast

That first video seems really fake because of the guy's reaction to the the sudden appearance of the "ghost" behind the door.

I mean, all he does is whisper "oh my God". No sudden jump or start, no shout or other exclamation. You'd think he would at least jump back or something at the sight, and you'd see the camera bounce around.

If that had been me in the tape, there would've been LOTS of loud profanity and I would've jumped about 10 feet in the air after seeing something like that in my pantry!

sappyg

Enlightened
i'm with you on that stress_test... the video clip was lame.
aside from the typical sucubus visitations (downright disturbing) i can't say that i have ever seen a ghost. if i did see a ghost i don't know if i would have the motor skills to flash it with a light. in fact, i may loose the neccessary motor skills to retain basic bodily functions.
if they exist i bet the first person they would go after would be the guy with the flashlight. someone with a flashlight would be an easey target and have juicy batteries to drian.
plus, the higher the lumins the more washed out they would become so there is that stealth factor to consider. essentially, you would become easier to sneak up on because you would wash them out with the high lumin and they would suck the life out of your batteries. then you're really screwed!
for this reason i'm gonna go with a red or green LED or a glow tube. they probably would'nt see you if you had a glow tube but you could see them. red and green LED would be a good choice because they would help contrast the profile while at the same time not washing them out to where you could not see them. i think this is the only way to sneak up on a ghost with any regularity.

kts

Enlightened
Funny thread..:crackup:

I will believe ghosts when I see 1.:popcorn:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
TBH I used to openly mock the plausibility of such paranormal possibilities right up to when one late night (whilst discussing this very topic with friends) I made a comment to the effect...

"Yeah well if they exist they could make that toy move..."

Well It did! and twice more as I repeated the challenge (if you would call it that) across a totally flat surface where it had been stationery ALL day, since then I've seen a candle flame bend @ 90 degrees without any draft present (try blowing a candle to recreate that effect ;)) and heard noises that would make your hair stand on end! amongst many other things:drool:

Generally you'll never hear about anything because people just aren't comfortable with telling/sharing their experiences, though to be fair it's prudent to exercise a healthy level of skepticism on any given subject :thumbsup:

Last edited:

qtaco

Newly Enlightened
It would certainly be interesting to take a holiday in the reality some of you seem to experience, but I wouldn't want to remain there long.

sappyg

Enlightened
i don't dought you mudman... i have no imperical experience re: having seen a ghost. there are many things we do not understand.
i think sometimes we are trying to express something that we experience or feel that others are not able to tune into. i'm guilty of this.... i think
i am just one of the fellows that thinks (honestly) that if i were looking for a ghost the best way to illuminate the thing would be red or green LED or a glow tube.
think about it? if it was dark i could'nt see them and if i could see them then i don't need a lot of light.... right? there is a greater potential of contrast and detection in a color spectrum that we normally do not use. "flashing" a ghost would actually be counter productive (with a flashlight i mean). why would i flash a ghost anyway. frankly, if i do see a ghost i'm thinking i got bigger problems than getting out my tactical light with a strike bezel and having a swatt at it.:whistle:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
OK I will share a few things.

I was 16 living at mom and dad's house and funky stuff used to happen all the time.

Large Pyrex cassarole dish shattered while in the kitchen cabinet. We heard it shatter and could not figure what had broken till I opened the cabinet and tiny pieces of glass rained out like a mini waterfall. Nobody was in the room and it hadn't been touched for at least a week.

Toilets flushed all the time for no reason.

Waterhose outside was turned on by nobody. We had insane dogs that barked like crazy any time a car went by or a person got near the fence. No barking but the backyard was flooded, nobody used the hose that day and it was twisted all the way on. The dogs were standing there not barking, just looking at the hose.

The house was never quiet for a second it seemed, there was always a knock or a pop or a noise of some sort going on.

You could vaccum the carpet making the color of it deepen when it all layed the same way, you have seen that before I am sure. Well you could vaccum away all the footprints and make the carpet a solid shade then turn around and shut off the vaccum and unplug it only to turn around and plainly see new foot prints go from the couch into the closet.

Can of biscuits once blew up and cooked inside the fridge. Huge mess but all the bits stuck on things were somehow fully cooked.

TV's came on, changed channel, and changed volume by themselves. You had to unplug them to turn them off and to regain control.

I saw a half eaten PB&J slide up the arm of a recliner against the pull of gravity. I happened to have an old tennis racket in my hand at the time and hit it HARD so it blew up and got everywhere. OOPS. I was on the phone to my girlfriend (at the time) when it happened so she heard my reaction and the WHACK!

Any time it got late and I was home alone I got that odd feeling of being watched and once I really did see a shadow move. It was darker than any other shadow in the room and looked like a short someone in a long hooded cloak. It went from being behind me on the left to being behind me on the right as it continued to move to my right it faded out in the middle of the room.

I was home once alone and heard a frantic beating on the side door of the house, so frantic I was a bit freaked. So I stood there for a second at the top of the stairs on the 3rd floor and it stopped. Then the frantic beating started on a new door, on the 2nd floor door to the laundry room. The beating was so frantic I could actually see the door shaking. Then that stopped, the next door up was the one I was standing in front of! I actually got scared, jumped into my room and slammed the door. I grabbed the shotgun I kept loaded behind that door and pressed it up against the door waiting for the beating to start. I was going to blow whatever it was in half if the door started to vibrate. Then it hit me what was going on, nobody or nothing solid could of got into the house and went into that laundry room while I was standing there watching. I realized it was the "ghost" or whatever was doing the other weird stuff and knew my shotgun was useless so I dropped the 12ga and headed for the window of my room. I opened it and stuck out 1 leg and waited, if the pounding started on that door I was jumping. I did not care in the least if I got hurt, nor did I even think about it at the time! I waited like that for 20 minutes and "it" never came.

As I type this I actually have goosebumps again. SO yeah I believe in something, not sure what, but certainly something!

Eventually things calmed down and stopped all together. I found out we bought the house from a woman who could no longer afford to keep it after her husband died. Yeah he had a heart attack and died there. So the wife had to sell and move away with her 3 kids, maybe that angered his spirit? That explanation doesn't make too much sense because we lived there for 6 years before anything odd started to happen.

Nobdy reading this needs to believe me for me to know it is all true, I just wanted to take this opportunity to finally tell someone - anyone about that place.
Nobody lives there now.

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn Sarge, I made it half way through that and I'm going to wait til tomorrow when it's daylight to finish it!

I saw this thread half way down the first page with no replies, and I wasn't going to reply, but I said... "This is a _what kind of light?_ thread where there is no wrong answer! Just name a kick butt light. Pick a light that you would depend on, and it would get you through."