Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like season 3 of True Detectives best. Season 1 the least but I did think Matthew and Woody played well off of each other.

The show NCIS shows various SureFire lights and if you pay attention to Mark Harmon he shows how to operate a twisty like a pro. He had an M4 one season, but usually has a 6 or 9P. The other characters have 2 cell SureFire's.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I like season 3 of True Detectives best.

The show NCIS shows various SureFire lights and if you pay attention to Mark Harmon he shows how to operate a twisty like a pro. He had an M4 one season, but usually has a 6 or 9P. The other characters have 2 cell SureFire's.
Is Jodie in it?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Dang for real I just found the show a few nights ago I was excited to binge it then I realized I watched the most recent episode first lol.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw the women who plays the tropper is hot so is her chracter a bit but i do admit when i watch a tv show i miss most of whats going on i get side tracked easly

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before you bash the Chinese consider that they make a lot of valuable contributions to the flashlight world.

I am not a fan of US outsourcing of production of light or of nearly anything really. However there are honourable PRC or HK companies that design and build some pretty good lights with Fenix being a significant one.

The build a quality product that you can depend on. They publish accurate scientific information about their lights performance. They price them as a premium product which gives you the choice to get a Streamlight or Surefire instead, it isn't as if they undercut them although you get better performance with Fenix.

If I am in a hurry and have little to no time to research a light I feel confident in buying a Fenix. With Surefire I have to weight the price versus performance and with Streamlight I have to see if it is even made in Pennsylvania. With Fenix I know what I'm getting into.

My first go around here was with some brands pretending to be American such as Superfire or Pentagon Lights. Chinese were faking SF batteries and their CR123s were known to be dangerous. Things have gotten a lot better.

Sometimes the Chinese even make a better product that our country. I prefer Tsingtao beer over Budweiser although I haven't drank either since around Chinese new year in 2018. There is also this military shovel WJQ-308 that is better than what Ames of my state or Glock Austria builds.

Oh and this comes from a person that buys nearly 2 American or EU made lights to any Chinese one I own.

We should stop hating them and ask ourselves why our ignorant government bans the export of Surefire and other lighting items. That is really a bad thing. It is like antiprotectionism.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back to the topic I watched Hokus Focus (Hocus Pocus 1993 Disney film) at a friend's house and seen a pink Eveready. Those lights were crap back then. Weak as can be fresh out of the package with it's own cells and breaks bulbs if dropped.

*Hokus Focus is a discontinued Led Lenser torch that was really cool back in the day.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
The climactic shootout in Shaft's Big Score has Shaft blasting away at the bad guys with a High Standard 10B shotgun with integral Kel-Lite. I can, in fact, dig it.

Shafts_Big_Score_1972.jpg

DSC_2186.jpg

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
The climactic shootout in Shaft's Big Score has Shaft blasting away at the bad guys with a High Standard 10B shotgun with integral Kel-Lite. I can, in fact, dig it.

View attachment 56464

View attachment 56465
Such a weird cruddy shotgun with this HUGE honker of a mounted light is peak 80s. I cringe at it but also love it at the same time.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Such a weird cruddy shotgun with this HUGE honker of a mounted light is peak 80s. I cringe at it but also love it at the same time.

Especially since it's from the '70s. High Standard tried to develop a whole tacticool shooting technique with these things but it didn't catch on. It's like a SHOT Show fever dream.

It is probably not so good holding 5 or 6 shells and high recoil.

Four in the tube, and you could get a 2-round extension. They were designed to use full brass high power shells, so I'm sure the recoil is on the stiff side. Haven't shot mine--it's an early model and I don't want to risk cracking the 50yo plastic housing. Under all the plastic it's just a regular semi-auto shotgun. It's like those cheap conversion chassis you can buy to turn a gun into a bullpup, except factory.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
btw the women who plays the tropper is hot so is her chracter a bit but i do admit when i watch a tv show i miss most of whats going on i get side tracked easly
I believe she is either a professional boxer or MMA. She will kick everyone's butt.