Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
Re: CPF'ers on Vanishing on 7th Street

haha when I watched it I was about to post about it aswell, anyways the movie was pretty ... boring... Still one of the only flashlight movies out there though, thats worthy of mention.

DisrupTer911

Enlightened

Terra Nova episode 2 the search team goes out with what looks like Fenix TK70s but the lens of the light has 5 or 7 small light points but has a lot of throw. Any ideas?

Acid87

Enlightened
DisrupTer911 said:
Terra Nova episode 2 the search team goes out with what looks like Fenix TK70s but the lens of the light has 5 or 7 small light points but has a lot of throw. Any ideas?

Possibly LED lenser X21?

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
what light is in this show ...looks like the Stunner

Terra Nova which is on right now , dvr in slow mo i captured this :)

definitely not an off the shelf light , looks like the Electrolumens Stunner , even has heat sink ridges on head but might not see it on cam pic but i saw it on tv clearly (2nd to last pic)

Thread Merge - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Someone mentioned seeing a LEDLenser light on that show. So . . . There's a good chance that's a LEDLenser X21 seven LED flashlight.

(Looks to be the right size as well.)

Acid87

Enlightened
Monocrom said:
Someone mentioned seeing a LEDLenser light on that show. So . . . There's a good chance that's a LEDLenser X21 seven LED flashlight.

(Looks to be the right size as well.)

Thanks you. I didn't have to toot my own horn. Seeing a pic of the light I would think it was the X21.

Juan334

Newly Enlightened
Breaking Bad Season 4 episode 7 at 39mins he picks up a flash light looks like it has 2 maybe more modes

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the new movie "The Thing" you can see lots of Mags, a couple of what looks like Kel-Lites, or Streamlights, and those "Big Jim" sealed beam type lanterns that are mounted on top of a big battery. They also had several different more traditional style lanterns, both battery operated and liquid fuel type.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
In the new movie "The Thing" you can see lots of Mags, a couple of what looks like Kel-Lites, or Streamlights, and those "Big Jim" sealed beam type lanterns that are mounted on top of a big battery. They also had several different more traditional style lanterns, both battery operated and liquid fuel type.

Makes sense. The re-make of "The Thing" is supposed to be a prequel to the original . . . which has the exact same title for some odd reason.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Flashlight used by JJ Abrams in Star Trek. Make and model?

Yep, it's supposed to be 1982, and shows what happened leading up to the 1982 film "The Thing." I was watching for newer lights, but all I noticed was period correct lighting.

The new movie isn't quite as good as it's '82 predecessor (which still holds up after all this time), but it's still pretty creepy, plenty gruesome, and worth watching.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you're in the USA, you can watch Episode 2 ("Instinct") here until Nov. 15 2011; the flashlights and vehicle lights are shown in the first 90 seconds. But what's up with those vehicle headlights? They appear to be incandescents or halogens. Halogens, made in 2140? I don't think so.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep, it's supposed to be 1982, and shows what happened leading up to the 1982 film "The Thing." I was watching for newer lights, but all I noticed was period correct lighting.

The new movie isn't quite as good as it's '82 predecessor (which still holds up after all this time), but it's still pretty creepy, plenty gruesome, and worth watching.

Kate used a battery powered lantern. I don't remember those types of light being around back them.

I agree the 82 version was better but this one was plenty creepy. I'm glad it didn't turn into a death by CGI flick. The ending was really good!

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, that was the only one I wasn't too sure about.

They definitely did a good job with CGI...it wasn't too obvious, and was pretty intense. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

headers

Newly Enlightened

In this season's Dr. Who there is something that looks like a SF C2 except for the bit behind the head. I cannot quite make out what it is, almost looks a little oveready-like? It is carried by River Song on her gunbelt. Can somebody identifiy it? I cropped this out of a frame from the 720 version of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impossible_Astronaut

drwhosf.gif

Monocrom

Flashaholic

It's a Fenix T1 with a natural finish.

I've seen a better quality version of the same pic.