• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Focussable Magmods FS Turnkey

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Luxeon C/D Maggmods still kickin Butt!!

I'm now out of c cell Osinks....... too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I'll either have to order the more expensive Hotlips, or find a machine shop in my area to make c cell sized heatsinks.
To be honest, I am pleased and surprised to still see some demand for these versatile lifetime flashlights with lifetime emitters installed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I do have plenty of black annoed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif D cell Osinks and easy, quick access to 2D-6D Maglite hosts for these.
Plus the georges80 buck circuit boards are usually fast at arriving.

Rikvee, I already have a c cell Osink set aside for your light as soon as the VYOT Luxeon5 gets here. (anyday now.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Ripoff's Flashlight Holder for the Magmod that kicks A$$. M@glite 3C, Ripoffs CO-136.

dsc001214vz.jpg

dsc001239fq.jpg

rikvee

Enlightened

3rd shift's VYOT Space Needle clone (5W Luxeon, direct drive, 3xCR123 in a Mag 2C, originally by Mr Bulk), is one way to enjoy a 5W with a good tint, unlike the "Luxeon lottery" of manufactured lights.
Any Mag conversions ofcourse can be great 'stealth' lights, a lot better than expected from a garden variety flashlight.
Anyway Stephen, once again Dallas to Perth in 4 days, woohooo!
Tint sorted Nuwai Q3's were a great idea as well, they make great presents, only the momentary "off" rather than "on" keeps it from being the equal of lights costing 2 or 3 times as much...
Still, it's nice when you can rely on someone else to guarantee a good tint, nice modding work as well, thank you 3rd shift!

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now, that was fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Seems like just yesterday that I sent it over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

bttt.
I still make these in D cell form.
I do have 2 used, but nice 3c cell lights with TV1K emitters for sale now.

One has a red annoed c cell Osink with added resistance for any battery type.
$65 for this one.

The other has a blue annoed c cell Osink with no added resistance for nicad batteries.
$60 for this one.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
3rd_shift said:
bttt.
I still make these in D cell form.
I do have 2 used, but nice 3c cell lights with TV1K emitters for sale now.

One has a red annoed c cell Osink with added resistance for any battery type.
$65 for this one.

The other has a blue annoed c cell Osink with no added resistance for nicad batteries.
$60 for this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, where did you get colored heatsink from? Cough them over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, I got them from yeasumofo a while back and put them in my "personal use" lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Now, I have the brighter 3x3 and 4x4 lights for my use at work.
Now I would be ok with letting these unique 3 c cell lights go now to a new home.
I figured now a good time to offer these as c cell osinks are not available again quite yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those "C" cell O-Sinks are available now. BTW There are a total of like 20 of those wild colored annodised O-sinks in the world. I am not sure I would have let them go.
Now there are no more annodised O-Sinks of any kind. I was thinking of making some more in matte black. The last lot I did were not masked correctly. I am still a little mad at the metal finishing shop.
I suppose if there were a demand I could have some more made.
3rd_shift, Have you been making any lights?
Yaesumofo

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have not made as many as I had before.
The demand is starting to fall off now as more and more cpf members are doing this type of mod themselves successfully.

The red c cell Osink has been sold.
I'm keeping the blue one for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------
To those who have already bought an sn2 clone from me; /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
It should be able to work on AW's protected flat-top li-ion 18650's.
All the ones I have made are resistored and should work with these early 21st century batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Do this:

Remove the cutdown spring.

Expose some of the metal at the bottom of the tailcap.

Then apply some contact grease in there.

Put the charged li-ion batteries into the rubber battery adaptor.

Put adaptor into flashlight and put light down on table bezel down.

Set a tiny piece of metal (like a staple, or a very short pen spring) on top of the back end of the rear battery with flashlight head down on table, then screw tailcap on.
That is how perfect AW's 2200mah batteries fit in there along with the superb 2+ hour rechargeable runtime you will get with this new setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Luxeon C/D Maggmods !!

Did some housecleaning on the 1st post of this thread.
There appears to be a renewed interest in *V1* tint leds for outdoor use.
I still have some TV1L on hand as well as the highly cherished TWOJ bin emitters.

TV1L is more for outdoor use with the warmer, earthtone, buttermilk white tint.
I sold one of these to a satisfied railyard worker last week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TWOJ is the one for indoor use with the whiter tint.

All sn2 clones made from this point forward will also be set up to run on either 2 18650 lithium ion batteries, or cr123s with extra shorter tailspring included for the li-ions.

AW and a few others have these batteries and chargers in bst non lights and dealers corner.

Pila 168's may be too long with thier protection circuits *and* (+) buttons.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Luxeon C/D Maggmods !!

I was going to offer a WWOT bin Luxeon, but someone jumped in and called for it already via pm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif .
I'm keeping the other one in a 5D Maglite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I still proudly make the others mentioned in this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Re: Luxeon C/D Maggmods updated *12-29-04*

[ QUOTE ]
3rd_shift said:
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Stephen, I'm interested in one of these using a TWOJ or TXOJ in a 2C host. Is this possible? What the expected amount of regulated runtime? At what mA would you recommend driving it at in this configuration?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alk AA batteries are rated at 2.5-3.0 amp hours down to 1 volt a piece.
8 batteries at 1 volt each is still only .55 amps to the regulator with even more runtime to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
These running an average of under .45 amps the whole time to the regulator should get you about 5-6 hours easy, with more to go.
Be sure and dump the batteries when they do get cratered.
Batteries of any chemistry drained that hard can sometimes leak before long.

I ordered 2 8aa-2D holders from Fivemega yesterday.
I can easily move either the 4D blue steel hid tint, side emitter SYAJ osink, or the nice, white TWOJ osink into a 2D host with the 8AA-2D adaptor.
The georges80 downstep 1000ma board fit exact perfect into the D Osink's backside, making this transplant easy as pie.
I just need to know what color 2d host you want this in, and I'll do it.
$120 takes it just like that with TWOJ. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Speaking of which, I'm doing a runtime test on the 4D at this time with 4 Nicad 5000mah batteries.
Current to the board is 705ma.
1000 to the emitter at 3.50 volts

BTW;
This is a fixed, grab it and go 1000ma light.
No adjustable levels to fumble through when you just want to grab a good, strong, on-off light.

I am planning an improved nflex mod with unmodified magg switch and a separate, mini telegragh style switch on the osink rim inside the bezel for the adjustable brightness levels.

Oh, and thanks for the input KevinL. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe someone can help me with this question. I ended up getting the - Mag 2D black host. - Georges80 downstep @ 1000 mA. - TWOJ emitter. - FiveMega 8AA-D adapter. I've been running only 8xAA alkalines the few times I've used this light. What's the maximum input voltage allowed? Would 8xAA Engergizer E2 or Battery Station Lithiums be OK to run?

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Luxeon C/D Maggmods updated * ? ? ? *

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif ----------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

The lithiums should be ok as long as they physically fit in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
16 volts is the nominal max for that circuit board.
2-3 parallel 2X stacks of 17670's could also be very interesting in that light if they fit in there.
Just about any battery type in the 5-16 volt range that physically fits in there ought to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts