• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Forum member "WHELMFLASH" is a THIEF., beware

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could have been someone not experienced with online sells and dealings. Man, what's happened to this place? The thief is never the good guy. Even though he posted 200 times you have to take into consideration not everyone uses forum etiquette (if that's even a thing anymore).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Unfortunate this situation couldn't be resolved. The forum member he was talking about is also new here, with only about 18 posts. Doubt he'll stick around either. Not the best ending, but it's an ending. Time to move on.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Sad situation. It sucks for anyone to get scammed. Without knowing all of the facts, I'm inclined to lean toward Alpha's side. He could be doing us all a favor with the warning. Yes, something could have happened to the seller, out of commission in the hospital, jail, etc., but in "most" situations, a person could send an email to detail the situation. I think there are more scammers online than there are people who have a legitimate reason to go totally silent on a deal.

I feel bad that Alpha is being hammered for this. It just sucks to get jipped out of $$, no matter how much or little it is. Hopefully this situation will work itself out in time. Using something like paypal gives you some protection to open a claim. I know I'd never buy something from a new forum member with little history, especially from another country. Maybe we can all learn a lesson. Good luck, Alpha.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No disrespect to new members, it just makes sense not to buy from anyone new because they have no established reputation; yet. And, obviously, that takes a lot of time to establish.

Alpha33

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE.....
Well out of the blue, my debit card company refunded my money back to me. I never filed a claim, just chocked it up to "a lesson learned". Then I get a notice from them last Friday (5 days ago) that my card had been frozen due to suspicious activity, and they had filed a grievance/complaint of some sort with someone on my behalf. That's about all they could tell me while the investigation was under way. Then this AM I see my $60 bucks was refunded!
Happy camper here, I got my money back thanks entirely to Credit Karma, and the dirt bag ended up with the shaft. :clap: Thanks for listening, Alpha33 out.....

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE.....
Well out of the blue, my debit card company refunded my money back to me. I never filed a claim, just chocked it up to "a lesson learned". Then I get a notice from them last Friday (5 days ago) that my card had been frozen due to suspicious activity, and they had filed a grievance/complaint of some sort with someone on my behalf. That's about all they could tell me while the investigation was under way. Then this AM I see my $60 bucks was refunded!
Happy camper here, I got my money back thanks entirely to Credit Karma, and the dirt bag ended up with the shaft. :clap: Thanks for listening, Alpha33 out.....
you don't know that the other party to this deal didn't cancel the transaction.

happy camper... pffft

LOLz

AstroTurf OUT!!!

Alpha33

Newly Enlightened
For all you doubting Thomas', I dug around just a tad and came up with this little tid bit. Five weeks +/- after this started, Whelmflash the Thief finally responded. Since then , NOTHING. I stand by my assessment, Whelmflash is a FRAUD and a THIEF.

Dec 19, 2023
Would an update be possible or have you changed your mind? You said you would answer questions????????????????????????
Would an update be possible or have you changed your mind? You said you would answer questions????????????????????????
Are you avoiding me? I have honored my part in the deal. Do you intend to honor your part???

Quote Reply
Reactions:whelmFlash

Newly Enlightened​

JoinedSep 15, 2023Messages18LocationSpain
Dec 19, 2023
Hi Alpha,

I apologize. Last weekend went not so well. I will not bother you with that.It goes your way tomorrow morning and I will provide you the shipping details.

Alpha33 out...