Foster Grant reading glasses with led's

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just bought a couple of pairs of Foster Grant reading glasses with led's. I love em for working inside the computer.

Who needs headlamps!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Only if you're near sighted! I normally wear bifocals but substitute the foster gs for close work.

recDNA

Flashaholic
No beam - perfect flood. Just makes the object you're viewing brighter - no hotspot at all.

If anybody writes they can't wait for them to come out in neutral white I'm gonna scream!

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flood is a beam. Floody beams come in all tints, sizes, evenness...like Beamhead says, beamshot or it didn't happen!

Do they come in neutral white, by the way?

recDNA

Flashaholic
The beam is bluish. On tbe wall it is so floody you don't see a beam. This is strictly utilitarian - not meant for neutral white fans. If you need reading glasses and do any close up work they are ideal. If you're looking for a collectors' piece these aren't for you.

I used em today to super-glue a small piece of a watchband back together again. Perfect for that type of task. If you don't need reading glasses you may find the 1.0 mag is still helpful when working on small parts inside a watch or flashlight.

Last edited: