• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND! Original CR2 Ion

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: Original CR2 Ion

Letting it go seemed like a good idea at the time, and later I realized what I really had, red and all. Maybe I will try and get another one, and red it should be. LOL.

Bill

Update. I did get another CR2 Ion, but in natural Al. Not as classy as my red one, but still a worthy light. I might add that the CR2 Ion is a light that one would never want to upgrade, nor would it make sense, given the odd reflector that works well with the older Cree, giving it that awesome flood beam shape.

Bill

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Re: WTB: Original CR2 Ion

I would love another, but I don' t think they will go cheap. These may be in their second golden age. I would pay more for a Another Red one than the new Ti, I just think two speeds keeps it simpler, and the I think the Ion may have a better combo of glass and reflectors.

nbp

Flashaholic
A couple months ago I tried to sell this HA-Nat Ion and no one wanted it. :shrug: I then decided I should always have an Ion in my collection and am unlikely to try to sell it again.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple months ago I tried to sell this HA-Nat Ion and no one wanted it. :shrug: I then decided I should always have an Ion in my collection and am unlikely to try to sell it again.
If only I had tried one (or any) of Enrique's lights back then I would have been all over it. I was hooked after trying my first about a month ago.

donn_

Flashaholic
I only have one left, and it's my EDC. A Ti Ion. I sold a blue swirl aluminum a short while ago.

The beam on the original Ion is probably the best I've seen, from well over a thousand lights.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
...the CR2 Ion is a light that one would never want to upgrade, nor would it make sense, given the odd reflector that works well with the older Cree, giving it that awesome flood beam shape.

The beam on the original Ion is probably the best I've seen, from well over a thousand lights.
When I got my CR2 Ion the first thing I planned on doing was replacing the emitter, but soon realized that it was probably best left alone.

Still sitting in my box of favorites, I think I may need to dig it back out and give it a little carry time again.

P.S. Sorry Kestrel, posted in passing.

nbp

Flashaholic
I only have one left, and it's my EDC. A Ti Ion. I sold a blue swirl aluminum a short while ago.

A Ti Ion: the only thing that will cause me to sell my Al Ion. :eek:oo:

One day I need to find one of these unicorns and add it to my collection so I can have all four of Enrique's models in Ti! :devil:

I know it's fun to chat and all, but this is a B/S/T WTB thread - well, at least the OP is keeping an eye on things ... :nana:

:wave: Hi K! Welcome home. :grin2:

When I got my CR2 Ion the first thing I planned on doing was replacing the emitter, but soon realized that it was probably best left alone.

Still sitting in my box of favorites, I think I may need to dig it back out and give it a little carry time again.

P.S. Sorry Kestrel, posted in passing.

I found the Ion to be an outstanding hotel navigation light recently. In an unfamiliar room I need a little bit more light than normal, but the very soft beam is still gentle on the eyes. Very nice light.