FRANKENSTEIN

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to begin a thread soliciting your best "Frankenstein Light".

Meaning: your best recipe for combining every day available parts to build a MONSTER of a flashlight.

Some examples...

1). - Take a SFTH, put in on a 9P body, install an N62 lamp, and put 3 4.7 volt (123 size) rechargeables in it and BAM! 500+ lumens out of a 9T platform !!

2). - Take a Surefire L90 Weapon light assembly, and put a U00T tail assmbly on it. You now have a shock isolated 9P for about $125 with a very handy flag switch.

etc...

Besides finding the combinations themselves interesting, it keeps me constantly thinking of ways I could blind myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif........
- Russ

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Nuclear power cell from a T-850 Series Terminator.

1,000 watt HID bulb.

M*g 2D body.

What?!? You said everyday available parts.......

You can't get ahold of a 2D M*g?

SS

wquiles

Flashaholic
Not a monster light by any means, and certainly not my original idea (I read about it here), but I really like my 2 cell P90 light:

2xcell Vital Gear body + E2C + "C" Bezel + P90 + 2 rechargable CR123 = very small and powerful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I was hoping for a "HAHAHAHA". I thought that was a funny funny.

I am guessing a five mega 3" head, on a 3D ORANGE m*g, with a FM 3D to 9aa, and a W/A 1185.

That LOOKS frankensteinish, and has some serious BOOM.

SS

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
turbohead1.jpg

Featuring all 3 of Surefire's regular production colors.

Parts bill includes a Surefire 6P-GM as the base and tailcap, A19 extender in black, KT1 turbohead with N1 assembly removed and replaced with a MN15.

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
KevinL - That monster is Sa-weeet! Even a non-CPF'er could look at that light and know they should fear it *L*!

Ray of Light - That only goes to prove your genius !! Hee heee !!

- Russ

juancho

Enlightened
wquiles: I want to do it myself (your light) but the thing that concern me is the capacity of these rechargeables (about 600 mah?) also I would like to do it with a P-91 for 200 lumens, have you try one P-91?
Any imformation on the running time of the P=90 will be appreciated.
Also do you know the voltage under load? In another thread I read that the voltage of the P-91 is not 9 volts but 7.8 volts.
Juan C

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe there's not more ?!
You know - something along the lines of: an L120 weapon light assembly, an A19 adapter, and a tailcap builds you the old 12P. Probably the Baddest incandescent Surefire ever produced. Capable of sucking batteries so hard it was producing over 500 Lumens and tripping the batteries Safety Thermal Shutoff every 2 or 3 minutes!! There has to be other monster combo light ideas out there *S*!!
- Russ