Frelux Flashlights

phosphor22

Enlightened
This light is great... love the ergonomics especially, as well as the modes and the fairly warm Nichia LED.
Differing color choices regarding the body are also a plus.
This is my new go-to light.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of two collaboration lights between Frelux and LM Toolworks, the Frelux Synergy1 in aluminum with a brass center section and custom hand engravings. This unit was auctioned off over the weekend.

KmjqPOX.jpg

uiWuywn.jpg

SsNqZzy.jpg

O2FWtDt.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hey Ozy, how do I get another one of these, and are the books open for custom engraving from LM Toolworks ?

I wish both of them were around here on CPF, but I don't do any other "social media"

Feel free to reply by PM, if preferred, and thanks :)

bla2000

Enlightened
I just received a clear anodized Synergy1 from the most recent run. My first impression is that this is an excellent light. It's larger than my 4Sevens Preon Revo or Maratac AAA but its shape is easy to hold and clip in a pocket.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ozy, how do I get another one of these, and are the books open for custom engraving from LM Toolworks ?

I wish both of them were around here on CPF, but I don't do any other "social media"

Feel free to reply by PM, if preferred, and thanks :)

Missed your question here, I'm afraid there's no books for either Leo or Frelux, sending you a PM.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ozy, thanks for posting information about these lights here on CPF.

Are we to assume that all lights are made of aluminum except those with obvious brass or bronze sections?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ozy, thanks for posting information about these lights here on CPF.

Are we to assume that all lights are made of aluminum except those with obvious brass or bronze sections?

The Synergy1 is designed with an anodized aluminum front and tail piece, although the middle section doesn't have to be anodized. So you're statement would be correct :)

The Synergy2 currently in development will have more flexibility with the materials

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benjamin posted a teaser on the facebook group:

. I received the second prototype in the mail today of what I'm calling my new platform. It will be the basis for a few new products and it will be 100% Frelux. There is still a bit of a journey ahead but I enjoy taking the road less traveled.

In addition to that I continue to work on FML production and hope to open a pre-order for that in a week's time.

S41IgFh.jpg

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FML preorder will open on Friday.

There's a limited amount that can be made due to the parts he has on hand. There may be additional runs in the future but if there are it probably won't be for a while.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here! I ordered some Eneloop pro AA's for mine. They barely fit (almost got one stuck) and do not seem to power it. I thought these were the recommended battery for it.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried some Ikealoops, one fit and the other didn't.

I informed Benjamin, he'll be doing additional testing on a wider variety of brands. Hope to have more info tomorrow.

bla2000

Enlightened
I did some testing of my own as I have 2 FMLs which I just received.
  • On 1 FML a Lada 2450 fits but on the other it is too tight. In the FML it fits in, it doesn't light up.
  • In both FML a 10 year old eneloop fits in both. In 1 it doesn't light up. In the other it will light up but I have to back off the button cap a little and then it works. But it is tricky as the connection seems a bit weak. Perhaps its a spring issue.
  • In both of my FMLs a energizer lithium works perfectly with the button cap screwed all the way down.

I have more eneloops that I plan to test with.