• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Frelux Synergy1 Passaround

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light was delivered by UPS just a few minutes ago.
oKzFrXQ.jpg

There is indeed a bunch of stickers included - yay! I will update with impressions of the light shortly, but so far I will note that the build quality is excellent.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM sent to Johnnyh for shipping info. I will do my best to get it out later today!

Here is my full review on the Synergy1:

https://torchconnoisseur.wordpress.com/2018/06/05/frelux-synergy1-review-25-30/

Thanks for the review and photos!

We intended to send out the light with a 219c, but since this was made on the side without a build sheet,a CREE was sent out inadvertently. If testing with a Nichia is important to everyone we can send it back and have him swap. I figure most us know what a 219C looks like and want to get the light already for evaluations but Benjamin asked me to offer it to ya'll

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Just spent 3 hours putting together wonderful pictures, thoughts etc. and some glitch about logging in (I was!) wiped it out...not going through that again..

i'll just say that Theo's review was spot-on...the "Low" is much too high and sequence needs to be L-M-H. All other aspects of the light are fantastic. Form factor, fit and finish and overall feel are top notch.

Fix the UI and I'll be on board! Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback!!! There is a new driver and in development, completely custom from the ground up!

Shame about losing the review you wrote up, sometimes CPF logs you add if you take too long to write a post, I write everything elsewhere then copy paste to avoid it happening

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Now that I've calmed down from my original debacle here are some more thoughts...

The modularity of the parts is very impressive and promises to offer us some unique combinations in design and/or material. Also of note, the finely machine parts fit together perfectly.

The beam quality is is very nice with a large hot spot and generous spill, which is my preference for an EDC-personal space light like this. As far as tint, the Cree emitter used here is not my thing as I prefer warmer , high CRI emitters but it is by no means unpleasing to my eye. Very white hot spot with a bluish spill. Although I suppose any discussion of throw is out of place for a 2 aaa light, it fared well out to 25-30ft. (sorry no beam shots but no time last night and wanted to get this out to the next guy today as I'm leaving home on Saturday.)

To all of you who wear the good old five-pocket jeans...you now have a use for that little pocket on the right. This thing fits in there like it was made for it.

The clicky, to me, is quite firm and requires a fairly hard press (or pull in this case). I have no problem with it as it will lessen the chance of accidental activation in the pocket. Some may prefer a softer press.

The light is easy to carry while walking and has the advantage of instant access to the switch as the index finger can rest right on the button at all times. No changing hand position to switch modes or turn off/on. Very cool.

I know there are rules for imprinting "Made In USA" on things that are not 100% truly made in the U.S. (I would think that's near impossible in a flashlight) but the inclusion of "USA" printed somewhere on the light would be nice touch (if that's even possible). Just a thought....

I truly look forward to the upcoming UI development! If that works out, this light is the real deal and at this price, i'd consider it a bargain.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I've calmed down from my original debacle here are some more thoughts...

The modularity of the parts is very impressive and promises to offer us some unique combinations in design and/or material. Also of note, the finely machine parts fit together perfectly.

The beam quality is is very nice with a large hot spot and generous spill, which is my preference for an EDC-personal space light like this. As far as tint, the Cree emitter used here is not my thing as I prefer warmer , high CRI emitters but it is by no means unpleasing to my eye. Very white hot spot with a bluish spill. Although I suppose any discussion of throw is out of place for a 2 aaa light, it fared well out to 25-30ft. (sorry no beam shots but no time last night and wanted to get this out to the next guy today as I'm leaving home on Saturday.)

To all of you who wear the good old five-pocket jeans...you now have a use for that little pocket on the right. This thing fits in there like it was made for it.

The clicky, to me, is quite firm and requires a fairly hard press (or pull in this case). I have no problem with it as it will lessen the chance of accidental activation in the pocket. Some may prefer a softer press.

The light is easy to carry while walking and has the advantage of instant access to the switch as the index finger can rest right on the button at all times. No changing hand position to switch modes or turn off/on. Very cool.

I know there are rules for imprinting "Made In USA" on things that are not 100% truly made in the U.S. (I would think that's near impossible in a flashlight) but the inclusion of "USA" printed somewhere on the light would be nice touch (if that's even possible). Just a thought....

I truly look forward to the upcoming UI development! If that works out, this light is the real deal and at this price, i'd consider it a bargain.

Appreciate the write up!

Funny you mention the jeans watch pocket, the light was in fact designed to fit there. Benjamin actually took calipers to a bunch of jeans to make sure the Synergy1 fits in the watch pocket, as a matter of fact he did the same to measure the thickness of jeans and pants to calculate the inner space between the clip and the light.