Friend Needs A Light

pobox1475

Enlightened
Good friend asks for a light to spot skunks and coons while walking to his door across a dimly lit lot. E01 just does not seem like enough. What choices would he have in the $20-$30 range? He has not been infected with our illumination bug and feels anything above that is not viable :shrug:. Think an AA or AAA form factor would be best for him to get his feet wet with ;).

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
The River Rock AA from Target comes to mind. Simple interface, widely available batteries, and easy to carry. Maybe not enough throw?? But I like mine a lot.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good friend asks for a light to spot skunks and coons while walking to his door across a dimly lit lot. E01 just does not seem like enough. What choices would he have in the $20-$30 range? He has not been infected with our illumination bug and feels anything above that is not viable :shrug:. Think an AA or AAA form factor would be best for him to get his feet wet with ;).

Go check out shiningbeam.com, there are a couple of nice affordable lights there, if its for outdoor use, i'd recommend the Romisen RC N3 warm white, single mode 2xAA (but can use 1xCR123 or RCR123). Use "CPFuser" for a discount.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 2 C batteries. Lowes Task Force 2 C is probably plenty of light for looking around at night.

pobox1475

Enlightened
How about 2 C batteries. Lowes Task Force 2 C is probably plenty of light for looking around at night.

Desires pocket light. The Maratac in SS looks promising. I sent him the link. Hell I may even get an alunimum one instead of a new 4Sevens AAA to put in my new pocket sheath :thumbsup:.