Friendship after Sex

vtunderground

Enlightened
It depends on the individuals... Most of my good female friends have been ex-girlfriends of mine, but on the other hand I know people who can't handle being friends with an ex.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
leadfoot said:
I think the spelling "plutonic" over platonic might be more of an apt description. As in going ballistic/nuclear.

Leadfoot

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
My 21 year old son is in the midst of dumping his 25 year old girlfriend ....

[/ QUOTE ]

When you use terminology and think along these lines... I'd say the chances of friendship are slim to none. You don't "DUMP" someone you want to remain friends with... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

DaFiend

Enlightened
Ummm. What does Sex have to do with this?

Unless its been a mutual break-up, i think they will find it hard to stay friends, and it should not come down to if it was previously a sexual relationship to make any difference. Speaking from experience.

Its really going to come down to if they were good friends before the relationship, or if they became "friends" as the romance/relationship bloomed.

The freindship may come together in the end, but they will never ever be the "same friends".

This may sound funny, but one my best friends (besides my Girlfriend) is an ex girlfriend, i'm 23 and we had an on again, off again relationship for over 13 years. Yes, that long. We are the best of friends, but could never get a relationship to work.

We are still friends because of the pre-existing friendship bond. Other friendships with ex-girlfriends have fallen by the way side because bond was never there in the first place.

Its nice to know that your son can come to you for advice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I always ask my mother for advice when i'm in a bit of a pickle, He should take yours.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, it is possible, but difficult.

I think if you are friends with a person and mutually decide it won't work, then friendship is possible. If one person decides no but the other person still wants to be together, it will be more difficult. If one person uses the other person just for sex, then forget about friendship.

There are relationships such as ex-wives where you are forced to maintain some friendship due to children. But then you introduce a new wife into the system and that makes friendship with the previous wife difficult.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I do not have a clue as to "will it work" not sure why anyone would want it to. Seems like dragging your goof ups along with you in a plastic bag just in case you need it some day. I may infact be missing the point so don't bust me up to bad.
Topper

lymph

Enlightened
Go for a clean break. Men don't need women as friends unless they ultimately want to sleep with them.

Civil, casual acquaintance, certainly, but real, close friends? Nah. Problem is, these two have too much history to just be acquaintances, so it'll be tough to maintain the proper distance.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best bet is only to have pre-marital sex with women who you hate. That way, when you break up with them you don't want to stay friends.

Edited by Powernoodle pursuant to Sasha's request to remove the word "pork". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif As a show of respect and remorse, I have visited this site as punishment.

best regards

Greta

Flashaholic
powernoodle... think you might want to edit your post? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

I'll also caution a few others in this thread... a few of these posts are bordering on very rude and disrespectful of women... misogynistic, if you will. Back it off a notch or two.

code09

Enlightened
agreed with sasha. Women are more than just for "porking" guys! cmon now!! I think they are wonderful (yet weird) creatures, give them more credit!
I personally believe in sex AFTER marriage...then you wouldnt have any of these problems

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trying to keep a relationship with an ex at a younger age? Umm, heap bad mojo. If a guy thinks that the woman he's getting rid of (as opposed to ending a relationship) is not smart enough to figure him out pretty quickly, he's an idiot.

I work with a lot of guys in their late teens to late twenties. Of course, I myself could never, ever have been this clueless (ahem, cough, cough). Almost every single one of these guys are complete morons about real life, but they are truely lost when it comes to anything to do with women. Egads!, these guys are scaring me with what they think they know about women. I myself never knew that all women had to either be at one extreme end or the other of the goddess/tramp spectrum, and cannot be anywhere else.

One of the few good things about being 50+ is that the thought process has tended to move, umm, further north. Well, at least for the majority of the time. I walk around at work almost all day long shaking my head. If guys like this are our future, our species may be going extinct within a generation.

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
shifty646 said:
From what I hear... there is no sex AFTER marriage! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha, i HOPE thats not true!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
moephiues said:
[ QUOTE ]
shifty646 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is absolutely untrue! My wife and I have sex every time she wants to have another child. Just like clockwork.

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Lurker said:
[ QUOTE ]
moephiues said:
[ QUOTE ]
shifty646 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is absolutely untrue! My wife and I have sex every time she wants to have another child. Just like clockwork.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFFF!!! Everytime my husband wanted to have another child, I got him another puppy. He got over the whole "baby" thing within about 2 days... but we now have 8 dogs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lymph said:
Go for a clean break. Men don't need women as friends unless they ultimately want to sleep with them.

Civil, casual acquaintance, certainly, but real, close friends? Nah. Problem is, these two have too much history to just be acquaintances, so it'll be tough to maintain the proper distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think lymph got as close as anyone in this thread. While I don't agree that men don't need women as friends, the rest of it is pretty accurate. Even if you start as friends, you don't usually stay that way afterward. Too many complications. I suspect those that say they've done it are pretty young and need to redefine their definition of 'friends'.