Restoring iTunes After Hard Drive Crash?

nbp

Flashaholic
Just wanted to let you guys know that I ended up finding an absolutely brilliant little piece of free software called SharePod. I downloaded it, plugged in my iTouch, started the program, clicked like two buttons and it ripped all 1600 songs from my iPod to my computer and imported them into iTunes. It was amazingly easy. I then backed up my iTouch, loaded iOS5, and re-synced all the music and apps to the iPod. Perfect! Just like new!

I completely recommend this program to anyone who needs to rip music from their device. It is super easy, and worked like a dream. :rock: :rock: :party: :party:

nbp

Flashaholic
Backups are the best way to avoid problems, as I learned the hard way. But this program sure helps if you have an :oops:

:grin2:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've recently signed up for iTunes Match. It's allowed me to upload all of my legal and (cough) not so legal music to iCloud.

If I lose my library, all of my music is permantly stored at iCloud and can be re-downloaded with ease.

It's only one facet of my "life in the cloud". All of my important data lives in a bunch of different cloud services. If all of my systems and offline backups failed simultaneously, the only thing I'd lose if a bunch of movies and TV series' that I could re-download again easily enough.

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!

Wrend

Enlightened
Maybe get a real MP3 player that lets you move and copy MP3s between your computer and player however you want.

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not a fan of user unfriendly proprietary technology (even when it's shiny).

Still looking for a cell phone that runs on 3 AAs...

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe get a real MP3 player that lets you move and copy MP3s between your computer and player however you want.

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not a fan of user unfriendly proprietary technology (even when it's shiny).

Still looking for a cell phone that runs on 3 AAs...

FFS...

If this turns into another "Apple is crap" argument I'll report the whole damn thread.

Wrend

Enlightened
I had to look up what FFS meant...

My comment has nothing to do with Apple products in particular. :shrug:

Anyway, glad you found a work around nbp.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
The cloud is certainly a huge bonus in dealing with things like this, and the ideal preventative measure. Too bad my hard drive had crashed a couple weeks before iOS5 was released with iCloud capability. :scowl:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cloud is certainly a huge bonus in dealing with things like this, and the ideal preventative measure. Too bad my hard drive had crashed a couple weeks before iOS5 was released with iCloud capability. :scowl:

Timing is everything, eh?

Sometimes the best way to learn is to get kicked in the nuts.

My wife is self employed, and on one occasion I managed to lose her accounts data. She had to rebuild 7 months of her accounts from scratch.

The kick in the nuts was very nearly literal!

Needless to say, my current 3-way redundant cloud/offline backup system is designed to not have to worry about that again.