• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: -----Solid COPPER MT-G2 Heat Sinks----!! Direct solder bond capable!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well here is a bit of a delayed update, just now getting around to posting a few pics of what was done with some of these.

6 amp custom 7135 drivers with a zener mod for a several.

Some choice hosts were selected.

Left to right we have Fivemega dual bored 4x 18650 host with the plug in charger switch
FM quad bore 12AA
Pair of Elephants ( all above hosts with 3" heads)
Mammoth body with extension 8x 18650 with colossus 4" head <--- Probly the biggest (and most valuable) super light I ever held in my hand to date.

These were made from the same slugs. One went in a surfire M6 with 3" FM head and the other went in a custom made from scratch surefire adaptable light.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the buy. :wave:

I currently have ONE piece left if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

kasey197

Newly Enlightened
The postman just came bearing these sinks - they are lovely!
Many thanks again :0

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kasey,
Thanks again

Beast,

I would say output on max for the mammoth is right around 2800 OTF. Current draw at the tail is 6000ma so if 2000ma cells were used 1.6ish hours. Since the current draw is divided by 4 higher ma cells could also be used effectively.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beast,

I would say output on max for the mammoth is right around 2800 OTF.

WooHoo it still doesn't top the beast that u made for me!!!! I love that light!! I see they now have XML2 U3...after maybe another 2 or 3 LED bin upgrades i may send that baby back to u for LED swaps.

Hey question Vesture, have u ever modded an ArmyTek Viking/Preditor before?

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Matt, hey do u know when you'll get your hands on XHP50s & XHP70s? And do you think XHP50 could make a throw monster?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will have some of the 70s before long. I have not ordered any 50s yet, but I will. I waited until top bin emitters were available, so there will be a few people beating me to the punch on first releases.

To answer your other question. Yes, I do think an XHP50 will have some range when properly implemented. Same output as an MTG2 on half the foot print.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a really good single 18650 thrower but what i lack is a monster thrower, i'm gonna hold off until XHP50 comes along and imposes it's will on the market and dethrones all of the current throw kings!!!

...Matt when you have the best bins of XHP50 let's build a beast thrower...with that huge copper sink and soldered directly to the host. Do you think that host with the 4" head has the greatest throw potential (that can be driven hard without thermal stepdown)? Do you think it can reach 1,000,000 candela? Not sure how much XHP50 will trump XML2

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
MMMMmm. I would guess based on my experience that a single XHP 50 driven very hard with a direct bond sink like you spoke of with a 3-4" reflector would darn near do the job. I would think that 7-800,000 lux would be on the table anyway.