• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Tailstanding tailguard for your L5, U2, C2, M2, etc. (z59/z58) SureFire!

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upsidedownviking, funny you should mention that - I had tried to get trit slots milled into the tailcaps, but it ended up being too complicated to feasibly do. But, would love to see pics of your mod if you get around to it!

Glad you and merlin like them - enjoy guys! Feel free to post back pics of the tailcaps in action =D

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine yesterday. The quality's excellent. Thanks for making this happen, mcmc.

I was able to get my tailcap apart with just a pair of snap ring pliers and minimal torque.

However, I was not able to use the stock gasket/o-ring with the new tailguard. I'm not sure if it's a tolerance issue, or maybe I stretched the gasket too much when I removed it from the stock piece. I couldn't tighten the tailguard enough with the gasket in place, and switch behaved as momentary-only. (Feature!)

I tried every labeled o-ring I had, but nothing fit well. I then dug through my parts/accessories bin and found a spare o-ring that fits perfectly. It's from a Zebralight H501, if anyone's curious, but that's the closest to specs I can offer.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived safely yesterday and in good working order. Maybe I'll post a pic later, but it was very well executed. It's a little deeper than I remember the Nekomane one being, but it does what it is supposed to. I'll pick up another one if you choose to do another run.

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Any chance of producing some Switch guard rings to fit the SF A2/L1/L2 pls? Unless some kind soul can sell me one cos Oregonshooter aint making them anymore.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Tailstand, tailguard, Switchguard, Shroud for SF A2/L1/L2/Kroma!

Hi Leukos, tks. lovecpfBut Gswitter beat you to it. He directed me to the same site you gave me for a Delrin "Shroud". But Nfetterly claims that Moddoo will soon be making a Titanium Tailstand/Tailguard/Switchguard/Shroud for the A2/L1/L2/Kroma next : https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/284025
Btw : But nothing will beat a metal (Al, Ti, SS) tailcap mod for the SFs L2/L1/L2/Kroma! Hope Oregonshooter, Moddoo and MCMC are hearing this !

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Tailstand, tailguard, Switchguard, Shroud for SF A2/L1/L2/Kroma!

gswitter: sorry to hear that! Glad that you were able to work a solution though. I didn't find that on the ones I had tested, and haven't heard anyone else having the same issue - so hope that it was a freak tolerance thing or perhaps the o-ring stretching as you mention. But please keep me posted, if anyone else sees something similar?

Thanks Leukos - glad you like it sir!

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Taipan, thanks for the heads up :) it would be hard at the moment, but if I'm able to I'll let you guys know!

I actually do have a couple left, that I was going to keep for personal use, but have decided to let them go :) There are three more, first come first served! Post back and I'll update the list. Thanks guys.

1. sold
2. sold
3. sold

Last edited:

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
MCMC, you're the guy to look for. Afraid no-one was listening to us A2/L1/L2/Kroma enthusiasts. You make a fabulous Nekomane-style tailstand tailguard. Fancy the all straight-body, all Aluminium in also HA III Natural (aka OD or Olive Drab) other than Type II anodized Black. Nice to have a clear anodized 'Silver'. Figure the raw cut cross-section look is most practical cos the edges mostly get chipped anyway. Your quip was hilarious : "And it comes in any color you want, as long as its black". At least u dun sound like a hibernating bear. Noted your pricing is at $37 ea. which includes shipping and PayPal.

nautilus1950

Newly Enlightened
Got my tailstand today... but my tail cap retainer isnt budging... boiled it for a couple of minutes and all i have are scratches on the anodizing.....

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Nautilus - wow, never ran into such a stuck tailcap before. The first time around, did you use needlenose pliers?

Man, sorry you had to resort to a wrench...how's the tailcap look now? Hope the new functionality of the tailstanding cap outweighs the difficulty of opening it =)

PhantomZ

Enlightened
got mine in a couple days ago but haven't tried putting it on. i'm gonna try looking for those watch opening wrench first

nautilus1950

Newly Enlightened
yeah it's all good now and my milky m1 illuminator is happily tailstanding beside my bed everynight :twothumbs

asfaltpiloot

Newly Enlightened
I have the same question as member Taipan but then voor the Surefire z57 tailcap (E1E, E1L, E2D, E2E, E2L, E2O).

Thanks,
Robert.