• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Full featured 10180 size flashlight Ti and Exotics

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: Full featured 10180 size flashlight Ti and Exotics (Christmas Special)

Not sure if they're still available, but those are fine and a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Until I got the Veleno charger, my only dedicated 10180 charger was the one you could optionally buy for your DQG light. It didn't get much use, as it wasn't really convenient, most of the time I was using my MC3000 with a spacer to charge my 10180's. Now I'm using the Veleno charger quite a bit, and I'm pretty happy with it:)

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Besides my Octacharger, a custom unit from England (which stopped working a while ago, can't recall the CPF member's name, but I really liked it until it stopped working as it had 8 different selectable current settings for smal lithium ion batteries), this little gizmo from Olight is one other way to charge small batteries.

Olight offered these a couple of years ago on a limited basis. You had to make a purchase, and then if intember right you could get one of these for a few dollars more, and it was limited to one per customer.

This shows the Olight being powered by a Mophie Powerstation dual USB port battery, and as you can see from the closeup, it does both lithium ion and NiMH batteries. Not sure how good it is since I've never really used it.

http://imgbox.com/eJ6C2veV

http://imgbox.com/Urv0v0Ut

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

750, see the closeup.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast

750, see the closeup.

That's a bit high a charging current for 10180 cells for my liking. Works out at about 7.5C, where I'm aiming for about 1C or less to preserve the life of the cell.

Anyway, to save cluttering up Gyorgy's sales thread, we can discuss 10180 chargers here. Not many Omicrons left to sell and then production of the 10440 light can begin.

magellan

Honorary Aussie

You're right, which is why I don't really use it.

That's a bit high a charging current for 10180 cells for my liking. Works out at about 7.5C, where I'm aiming for about 1C or less to preserve the life of the cell.

Anyway, to save cluttering up Gyorgy's sales thread, we can discuss 10180 chargers here. Not many Omicrons left to sell and then production of the 10440 light can begin.

Clutter all you want Mike, at least someone who's buying the Omicron will have an idea what kind of charger he should get...:)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Re: Full featured 10180 size flashlight Ti and Exotics (Omicron)

Thanks for the review!

And a great story and review!

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the review!

And a great story and review!

Thanks for the kind words Magellan!

Wow! great write up. Question: what charging current is advisable for the 10180? Is 300mA too much?

Thanks Dave :) Honestly, I wouldn't know. I've charged a lot of my batteries just by throwing a penny between the charging slot and battery, but that's probably not advisable. The Veleno design one does 60mA, so probably somewhere in that range?

magellan

Honorary Aussie

My old Cottonpicker Octacharger went as low as 40 or 50 mAh. My 10180s say 70 mAh and my 10280s say 120 mAh. So 60 mAh would be somewhat less than 1C which should be fine for the 10180s. At 300 mAh that's over 4C which is too high from what I've seen discussed in the battery and electrical thread here.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that have ordered the Veleno charger from PKT Design, did you ever receive a tracking number or anything? I ordered about a week ago but haven't gotten another email since the initial confirmation. 🤔

Thanks for the good info too Magellan!

safd

Newly Enlightened

Hello! I'd like to get a machined Ti, with the colored ends and green trits installed.
I'm in Texas! How much $ do you want;)
thanks
ben

Hello! I'd like to get a machined Ti, with the colored ends and green trits installed.
I'm in Texas! How much $ do you want;)
thanks
ben

I've just sent you a PM with details. Let me know, if you have any more questions:)