G2 in Real tree hardwood!!!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd say huge news from surefire is that they released something along the lines of a tiablo or dereelight....and at the same prices.

for the win.

CPF never ceases to amaze me these days.

btw orange sounds good. I won't mind a camo though. I'm a color-neutral person when it comes to most things other than bikes(black only)

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Huge news from surefire!"

ya kiddin' me? this barely qualifies as "news", much less "huge news". i'd say huge news from surefire is that they released something along the lines of a tiablo or dereelight....and at the same prices. now THAT would possibly constitute "huge news " !!
and i agree with the above posts, sounds like a terrific way to lose a G2.

Enjoy your Saiga and tiablo ;)

I'm having alot of fun with my Surefires and AR clones. ;)

Anybody know if the G2 still comes with the lexan lense? I would like them to get rid of that and start putting a pyrex in everything.

Ringer

Newly Enlightened
This was previously a Gander Mountain exclusive. The location near me stopped carrying Surefire and I wonder if this has been nationwide. If so perhaps Surefire got stuck with lots of extra stock.
I thought the same thing until I asked. They relocated the Surefire stand at my GM to back by the gunsmith counter.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
I thought the same thing until I asked. They relocated the Surefire stand at my GM to back by the gunsmith counter.

At my Gander Mountain they have always had two cases full of various Surefires by the gun department. They had tons of them including various A2, M2, E1e, E2e, G2Z, etc. They even had an M3 and M6 on display. When I stopped by last week they were all gone along with the custom Surefire case and stands. Had I known they were going to stop carrying them I would have tried to buy them.

When I asked they pointed to the nearby checkout counter where they had an open box A2 and 6P hanging up and a few bulbs and accessories. That's it. No Gander Mountain exclusive G2. Not even a single Surefire battery.

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
hey lightguy27,didn't mean to come off as such a ball buster, i was just goofing around. always a problem with the ol' inter-web, without tone, inflection, expressions, etc. lots of stuff comes off more harsh than intended.
and ampdude.....i don't have a tiablo (yet?) but i do have 2 surefires, the G2L and a 6PL......and though i've recently been bitten by the AK bug in a pretty big way, i'm also an AR guy from way back !!!
and if you find them,post something here about pyrex lenses for your G2L if you find them.sounds like a good idea.

Retinator

Enlightened
Looks great to me! A shame is cost $ 6 more. If the G2 body is already being made in 5 colors, why is the G2L only available in 2?

What about a desert tan camo or the blue/white camo (what's that called anyways?).

And ya +1 on the Sucks-to-drop-it-outdoors point

KROMATICS

Enlightened
When did they change the black ring in front?

OLD:

g2hd.jpg

NEW:

SF_G2HD.jpg

Retinator

Enlightened
Huh? I like the newer version. It has more character imo. As for losing it when dropped, even the black version can be lost in the daytime in a shadowy dip in the ground.

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
I think I will get one of those. I like the camo color.:)