• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***** GatLight ***** Century-Sale

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just my own experience...was in Germany (Munich) last year and decided to ship a couple of boxes instead of hand carry them with me for the rest of my trip. The post master told me it will take 10 days and since it was shipped via DHL/Deutsche Post, I never doubted him at all. Carry on my trip for another 2 weeks then came back but no sign of my package. send for tracking info that seems to take forever and ended up having to wait another 6 weeks before my packages gets to me. Now the shipping cost that i've paid are by no means cheap but in today's world a 2+ month delivery is just unacceptable. Anyway lesson learnt so I will only ship in or out via FedEx or DHL Express from now on, and since I have good discounts from them I ended up paying about the same as a regular postal rate or a slight premium and I'm happy to do so than to have these inefficient postal system deliver my stuff anymore

Edit: small parcels seems to be ok and takes about 10 days to 2 week at most to reach me. My experience with larger parcels seems to be bad

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for the record, I ship from germany all around the world since 1995 (when buying/selling online started for me). I never lost a package and it´s rather fast and reliable. Three packages shipped to me were lost though, two from the US and one from the UK. Usually the stuff I ship arrives faster than most of the stuff I receive from the US. The stuff I receive from southeast asia usually takes about the same time as the stuff I ship from germany with a very slight tendency to be a bit faster. The shipment in question seems like bad luck to me. BUT I never ship international via DHL (due to the costs). The stuff we usually buy/sell around here most of the time fits into a small box (60x30x15cm max. 2kg - that fits a few flashlights actually) as an insured and registered letter (Wertbrief) with Deutsche Post.

Of course I understand your frustation though, especially whith these custom lights on their way to you. I hope your package arrives soon!!!

Eric

Edit: Btw. Troy, I was just having a look at the lights you currently list. Isn´t the little Atom AL you are listing under Aluminum a stainless light?

Olaf_S

Enlightened
@Troj,

sorry about this long shipping.
Parcel was going out with "Deutsche Post".

It seems, that not even a expensive shipping (40,45 USD) is a quick shipping.

But a few days before yours shipped to Kevin, arrived 10 days ago.
So i hope, your parcel will arrive your home in the next days.
This moment tracking info:

16126529347_1dcde6bef7_z.jpg
[/URL]Troj Info 18 Januar 2015 by Einnutzer, on Flickr[/IMG]

Greetings
Olaf

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, shipped 22nd of dec. and still in germany? That´s really something. The first step from your local postal office to to the hub in saulheim within a few hours went really quick. From Saulheim to FFM airport it´s not even an one hour drive and DHL thought it would be ok to take 14 days and than 14 additional days of nothing! Olaf, I would start an inquiry ( http://www.dhl.de/de/paket/hilfe-ku...ernational/paket-paeckchen-international.html ) since that´s definitly not normal. I have never seen an int´l shipment that took that long to actually leave germany. I would even be very dissapointed if it took 4 weeks to get actually delivered, but this....... Though just to mention it, it is not Olaf´s fault but DHL´s.

Eric

Olaf_S

Enlightened
@4 waiting guys

E-Mail sent to Troy.
I got after a phone the USPS-Tracking-Number.
The lights are at the moment in Kansas City.
I think, they must arrive soon.

Greetings
Olaf

stingray3

Enlightened
Yep...got mine today and yes it is in brand spankin new condition! Thanks Olaf!
And....
Thank you Troy for offering to do this and mailing it to me. I truly appreciate it!

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived I don't know how long ago - In absolute pristine condition with the original wrapping bubble bag and all literature from Lumencraft:twothumbs
Thank you Olaf! I would not hesitate to deal with you again!

Latest posts