general LED light bulb replacement question(s)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The smaller base is probably for chandeliers and vanity lighting. Personally I wouldn't bother buying CFLs these days unless they are cheaper and you just need to fill a socket with a bulb... any bulb. I still have over a dozen incan bulbs bought 15-20 years ago when you could get a 4 pack of bulbs for about $1 even 100W bulbs were that cheap and I took all the incans out of everything in the house except for one outdoor light that I rarely use for more than 5 minutes at a time and a CFL in cold weather wouldn't work well in that situation. When I move out of this rental the incan bulbs will go back into all the sockets and my CFLs will come with me to the next place most likely.
One thing I have been looking at is LED tubes to replace 4 foot shop lights that I have as the garage isn't heated in the winter the tubes don't warm up well for about half an hour. The thing that is stopping me is about $10 a tube I figure I will just wait till I run out of fluorescent tubes for the light fixture I picked up 4 used ones at a Habitat for Humanity for $1 each about 10 years ago as they were about $6 or so in the stores at the time.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
All good info to me, thanks everyone. So A19 is the bulb size. I'm buying for the kitchen overhead lights and a lamp, that takes E26. Got a 16 pack of GE 10W 2700K, and a 6 pack of 4W E26 3000K for a reading lamp.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I say that for a quick one time thing the sensor idea is appealing but when you have to replace the bulb a few times buying a stand alone sensor adapter (if it fits) is probably cheaper in the long run and doesn't limit you to one brand/size bulb.
Naw, the only reason to use them is like I said above; only if installing a photosensor is problematic. They're normally far too easy to install to not go that route.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Naw, the only reason to use them is like I said above; only if installing a photosensor is problematic. They're normally far too easy to install to not go that route.

Yeah having the sensor built in does allow for use in a space that barely fits the bulb as the screw in sensors usually add a few inches to the height. I've installed those sensors outside of a neighbors house that had a business and some supplies kept outside. The sad thing is the CFLs don't like a lot of sensors as they don't have a threshold to turn them on off they dim them on and off. I think LED bulbs don't work right with the old incan light sensors either that are dimming.

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
Now you can get 9000 lumen Ceramic on chip high CRI A21 bulbs that consume 60w. Amazing how fast things are moving.
Installed one on a floor lamp and it lit the whole room like a football stadium lol