Getting new light!!

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to Daddy's little tax deduction(Ethan-4 months old) I get a new light. I want to go for little here so I have settled on a E1L Outdoorsman. My question is does anyone know if it comes on low or high first? Any other opinions will be helpfull, and as always thanks!!:grin2:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It comes on low first. But make sure you get the 2008 or 09 version. There COULD be 07 single level version floating around in stores.

It is a great light. The only qualms I have about it are ergonomic. It can be hard to hold and press the button when wet or slippery since the head is so smooth, so I put an o-ring in the groove around the base of the head for more grip. I actually wish the body was a little thicker, had more aggressive knurling over more area (it has smooth spots), or had some features around the circumference for more grip area. The clip helps if you hold it such that one finger bears against it at the base of the head.

I'm knit-picking through. I think it is one of the best single cell lights.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely love mine, and like it more each time I use it. True, it's not the most grippy light out there, but I find it much easier to use than my P2D which has all the grip of a wet bar of soap.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another SF light that's similar to the E1L is the L1 Lumax. It's still one of my favorite light. It's not a clicky tailcap though. You press lightly for momentary low, press all the way for momentary high. Twist the tailcap a little for constant low, twist tailcap all the way for constant high. Either one is a good light.

corrections operator

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a plan! Hey, you can use next year's deduction to have it modded by Milky...I'm thinking you'd really like the Room Sweeper conversion.:naughty:

Seriously though, congrats on joining the fatherhood club!:twothumbs

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind spending another $20 and slightly bigger. I recommend the E2L. It's 2 stage 3/60lumen. 100hrs on low and 11 hrs on high w/ 6hrs regulated. I was thinking of getting one when I save enough.