Giveaway Thread (general info)

bdogps

Enlightened
@ Chuck, that was my first response, "why didn't this person help this person out." Then I uploaded the video to my computer and was shocked! There was no one in front of the RACV van and yet they stopped. When they drove away,this broken down car appears out of nowhere. There is no trickery it happened the way it is on the video. I even got out of my car to push the car to safety, but other people got there and the car manage to drive to safety.

prnguinpoo

Newly Enlightened
bdogps, your light is on the way!

Hey Doc, thanks, my light arrived in the US, on its way to me now. Thanks a ton. Will do a review of it (on here or on a separate thread?) when it arrives.

Looking forward to actually seeing what '12 lumens' is - as this will help me decide in my next purchase (currently considering EagleTac P200A2)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone recommend a source for holsters? I'd like to get one for the Sunwayman I recently won.

Amazon Canada has the NiteIze holster...I like that one a lot. Under CDN$10 shipped (with Prime). If you aren't in a hurry, you can probably find a better deal.

timbo114

Enlightened
I will be running 2 giveaways this week, while Doc is away. #1 ends Wednesday - #2 will end on Saturday.

Lot #1 includes the following ...

*EDIT
8 hours 15 minutes - no takers ... lot #1 withdrawn.

* after work edit ..
I'll try it again.... conus 48 shipping

Qty 1 B@rts green trit 2x8 (I've been holding it for a while - but I'll never use it - I put my other one in my Nitecore D10 Tribute)
Qty 1 Luxeon K2 TFFC UWOE bin emitter
(I know it's old tech, but awesome beam and pure white tint - I have one in my NovaTac 120)
Qty 3 tubes Mil-Comm TW25B ® Synthetic Grease
Qty 1 UltraFire
1xAA light holster D ring / belt loop / velcro

Post "'I'll take lot #1" AND tell us your favorite musical artist or band.

Last edited:

Happpyfeet

Newly Enlightened
I will be running 2 giveaways this week, while Doc is away. #1 ends Wednesday - #2 will end on Saturday.

Lot #1 includes the following ...

*EDIT
8 hours 15 minutes - no takers ... lot #1 withdrawn.

Wow, that was fast. . . . I know some people can't post while at work or whatever. . . .I'll know to be more alert for #2 I guess!

My Edit: Thanks for reconsidering!

"'I'll take lot #1"

Favorite musician/artist/band: So many to choose from:

The Bee Gees, but not for the typical reasons people think of.

Yes, the music is iconic, and marked an era of love/hate for disco.

However--these are/were very talented people (RIP Robin, Maurice, Andy) who showed their gift from youth. They covered more than the disco era, and wrote for many many other singers in the past 40 years. They dealt with their own struggles as many singer/celebrities do, but family won out every time. The last standing Bee Gee, Barry endured the tragic deaths of his brothers and came to Christ. Now he ushers in a new era singing with his children.

These are composer/songwriters in their own right- and never won an Oscar for original score.

People who did not grow up with them recognize that iconic sound.
So many other singers owe their fame and hits to them for their compositions for them .

Last edited:

CJT

Newly Enlightened
"I'll take lot #1"

Favorite artist is Skrillex.

Thanks for the give away! Not sure where everyone else is but I'm willing to throw my name in the hat.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take lot#1.
Favorite all time band "The Eagles". Timeless harmonies, fresh elements throughout their long history and how many bands can take credit for " Hell freezing over"?

timbo114

Enlightened
I was at the Hell Freezes Over tour in Pittsburgh - one of THE best concerts I've ever attended.
I also dig the Bee Gees ... yes this info dates me, I'm 51, heard a lot of different types of music, I like most of it.