Giveaway Thread (general info)

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next giveaway is live!

This light is a thank you to everyone who has already donated at least one item to this thread! I've randomized a list of those eleven people (using random.org's List Randomizer).

1. moshow9
  2. Me+Light=Addiction
  3. tyxxvxl
  4. timbo114
  5. Double Barrel
  6. gunga
  7. AcruceSalus
  8. anonymous
  9. Jeffg330
  10. revilo951
  11. Cerealand

Starting from the top, each person can either take the light, or pass. Each person will have a max of twenty-four hours to respond, via PM or by posting in the thread. If anyone does pass, we'll move down the list. If by some miracle none of these generous people needs/wants this light, I'll open it up for everyone else.

The light in question is an Olight SR Mini. It will come with all accessories (holster, manual, sleeves for CR123, lanyard, original packaging, and the crazy strike bezel). I will also include three SoShine 3400 mAh 18650s. The light has been very lightly used, but looks and functions as new.

DSC00296.JPG

moshow9, you are up first! Let me know by 2200 EST tomorrow, May 4, if you would like the SR Mini.

Last edited:

radiopej

Enlightened
That is quite awesome of you Doc, and a very nice thing for those who donated. A little sad that you didn't make it on the list though, seeing as you made this thread.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Cool idea Doc, way too generous of you again though! :)
Even though moshow9 didn't respond yet i'll just post to speed things up if it's necassary.
I already have a SR Intimidator (my most powerfull light actually :p) so i'll skip this one!
Great light, way smaller than I expected when I bought it, and very bright.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doc,
Are you utilizing Zulu time or Military clock for 2200 EST?

Military format, local time (for me, since I am running it). 10 PM Eastern Standard Time. So, tyxxvxl's time has passed, and timbo114, you are up! Yours if you want it, let us know.

timbo114

Enlightened
I simply cannot pass up this opportunity.
I've never owned this type of torch, so I'm in, and Thank You VERY MUCH.

Truthfully, if I find that this is not my cup of tea, I'll certainly put it back up for grabs to the next name on your list.

Double Barrel

Enlightened
I simply cannot pass up this opportunity.
I've never owned this type of torch, so I'm in, and Thank You VERY MUCH.

Truthfully, if I find that this is not my cup of tea, I'll certainly put it back up for grabs to the next name on your list.

Congrats timbo!
I don't think I could have passed on that one either..lol. I own a couple little olights. I think they are good lights for the money.

Thanks doc...that was very kind of you. Your one of CPF's finest!

DB

desmobob

Enlightened
WINNER of lot #2 is ....

Tell us what you think of the light after you've enjoyed it.

timbo,

The Epsilon ED-P71 light is built like a tank! I like the rear clicky UI and the three modes are nicely spaced. I compared it to my ArmyTek Predator Pro, and it has roughly the same hotspot as the Predator (about 5*) with smoother, less defined edges, and considerably more spill. It's a very practical light. The brightness on "high" seems to be about midway between "medium" and "high" on the Predator. Very nice!

I put a Panasonic unprotected 3400mAh battery in it for testing when I found the protected Nitecore 3200mAh cell I grabbed first is too long. I'll try one of my Keeppower protected 3400s later on. They're in the two lights kept in my boat at the moment. In any case, I'll be ordering a couple of protected cells with the proper length to fit this light.

Thanks very much for your generosity. I now have one more brand of light in my growing collection, and another very practical and useful light to light up the night.

Thanks again; it is much appreciated,
Bob

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, timbo114, I was feeling a bit under the weather the last couple days. It has cleared up now, though, thankfully. Plan to ship your light tomorrow morning. Just gotta find the right box first!

Latest posts