Glow Ring Question

tater_salad

Newly Enlightened
For those that have both X2 and teardrop styles, how are they holding up? How do they compare?

Not sure if this is the right forum, so apologies in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had X2s on my keys for a while, and I love it. I don't know how much wear and tear they go through since I pretty much just stick them in my pockets, and when I get home, toss it on the counter. Nothing has fallen off it yet! To me, the X2 seems more compact than the teardrop style, but I don't have one of those so I can't compare.

stockwiz

Enlightened
I like the X2 better. I superglued mine when the end fell off and it's never had a problem since. If you are concerned about this, the teardrop style are very durable and would never had this kind of problem, but they are not as pretty looking either. Also the X2 variety seem a bit brighter.

tater_salad

Newly Enlightened
I'm leaning towards the X2's myself. I'm going to pop off the ends and super glue them before they fall off on their own. While I've got them apart I'm going to try out another recommendation of polishing the inside of the tube the tritium vial sits in.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both kinds. The X2 is nicer to look at, and it is brighter (seems about 50% to 100% brighter). Insuring it won't fall apart with a little glue or epoxy is needed, though.

Paul

utomatoe

Enlightened
I like my X2, no problems with the end caps falling off (yet). I heard you shouldn't use super glue on the end caps, as it will discolor the plastic. Try rubber cement (?) or hypo-cement? Something like that should be ok, as well as clear epoxy...

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Utomatoe,

I used JB Weld epoxy, which is a dark color. It worked great. Instead of applying it to the plastic, I dropped a bit into the aluminum cap and spread it around on the inside with a toothpick. I did that to avoid a build-up on the outside. The final result had no epoxy that I could see.

Paul

Kiu

Enlightened
I like both style of glow-ring. I like teardrop little more
blue X2 & green teardrop in my keychain. how cool~~~
The X2 look more cyber & cool~
but teardrop's simple clear design is also stylish.
You just imply get them both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fluorescent

Enlightened
I'm waiting on six X2s to show up... I've had the tear drops for a while... Broke one the first week I had it with one drop on the floor.. Also, I could see fingerprints on the glue holding the two pieces together.. Hope the X2s have a little more quality..

jpeg

Enlightened
If you do get them open, after polishing the inside, you can inject liquid epoxy into the bore hole, and then reinsert the tritium glow tube. You'll never get the tube out again, but it makes the inner bore completely disappear!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jpeg said:
If you do get them open, after polishing the inside, you can inject liquid epoxy into the bore hole, and then reinsert the tritium glow tube. You'll never get the tube out again, but it makes the inner bore completely disappear!

[/ QUOTE ] Did you leave the bottom cap off?