Golston Batteries??

Robotack

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks. I normally use SF batteries in my 6P & Fenix lights. I was recently given a pair of Golston batteries as a sample. I'm afraid to use them without asking you folks as I've never heard of them before and don't want to damage my lights???

Thanks!

Thanks for that. I'm probably going to throw them in my kit bag as emergency spares.... all I'm really concerned about is that they're not gonna leak or explode?

I used them in a P3D with no issues, although they aren't the greatest batteries. I bought some about 4 years ago and their voltages have sagged enough that I won't ever buy any more.

I did pick up some of these in my days prior to "flashaholic" status. Luckily for me I never did experience any catastrophic failures. But, they were very poor performers. I can tell you I would never buy them again. For budget cr123 primaries (primarys?) I would suggest titanium brand from battery junction. Or I believe that Battery Station's house brand is reported as very good (since they upgraded to Japanese cells) but I don't have personal experience with them.

Off topic but I have also purchased "WF" brand cells, equally bad.

*edit* I lifted this info from mdocod in another thread
"BatteryStation brand CR123s are going to be your best bet. They are reasonably priced and made in the USA."

I mistakenly said Japanese cells.

Last edited:
I dont know how they are now, but the ones I used a few years ago wouldn't power a P61 LA for more than a short while. I'd turn it on and after a very short while (less than a minute), itwould fade off.