• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Gone, Traded HDS/ RA Twisty 100 SN 1802 in excellent shelf queen condition.

HKdude

Newly Enlightened
Letting another Drawer Daddy go, as much as it pains me.

If you catch the light just so, you can see one tiny bruise on a diamond in the knurling, and a few hairline scratches on the bezel. Otherwise she looks new.

IMG_9154.jpgIMG_9153.jpgIMG_9152.jpgIMG_9151.jpg

A great 100 lumen, unmodified hunk of Henry's labors.

It has a lovely warmish beam, tight hotspot (throws pretty well) and smooth corona.
IMG_9171.jpg
TRADED, gone to new home.... $200 to your door in the USA.

1st "I'll take it" gets it if followed up with quick payment.
PM me for payment details.
Paypal G & S, I cover fees and shipping to US addresses.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Re: WTS: HDS/ RA Twisty 100 SN 1802 in excellent shelf queen condition.

What's the led inside?

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I may be mistaken and sorry for jumping in but I believe they were SSC P4

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened

Does this have the red low?

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

No, it's just a plain vanilla light....that'll last forever.

Posted a macro (sorta) of LED, top page.

Last edited:

Flashlike

Enlightened

Wow! I haven't seen one of these come up for sale in quite a while -- especially one in this good condition. According to the info I found online it has 3 modes (Low, Medium, and High). The User Manual is available online. Not sure if it is allowable to post a direct link to it, but if you do a search on Google (or other Internet search engine) for "Twisty1UsersGuide.pdf" (without the quotes) the link comes up. Whoever buys this should be VERY pleased. GLWYS!! :thumbsup:

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Flashlike! Not sure if it's common knowledge, each of those modes/levels can be set at your choice of brightness, programmed by "twisting" on and off. I believe the guide you mentioned is available on Henry's site (HDS) under Legacy products.

Flashlike

Enlightened

Thanks Flashlike! Not sure if it's common knowledge, each of those modes/levels can be set at your choice of brightness, programmed by "twisting" on and off. I believe the guide you mentioned is available on Henry's site (HDS) under Legacy products.

You're welcome, HKdude. I did not know that the brightness could be programmed for each level, though. And yes -- that is where the User Guide is available (On HDS System's website under the Legacy products). Also, I'm not 100% sure on this, but the model you are selling here is the early Twisty called the "RA Twisty". The User Manual doesn't mention anything about being able to change the brightness of the individual modes for that model but the User Manual for the later Twisty (called the "EDC Twisty") does. So I'm thinking that the brightness levels are preset on the RA Twisty and cannot be changed. Maybe someone would know for sure and be able to clarify that.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Son of a!!!!!! Nice grab my friend was on the fence with this one.now you get to program it lol

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great catch! I was looking at this Gem too. Mostly interested in taking a look at Henry's earlier work. That guy is amazing in his attention to detail and use of the best available components at the time.

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

You got it Mr Miller,

PM'ed ya....Packed and shipped 2/1/19 Incoming!

Last edited:

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to this one. I grabbed an older clicky and am hooked on the older stuff. There are several more I need to grab before I will call it quits. Funny part is I've had a love hate relationship with Henry's lights for years. The hate part has faded and now all I do is appreciate his work. I don't know what took so long. It took too many years to figure things out.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Your going to love it. I'm not the brightest color in the Crayola family but consider myself pretty handy and it took me two straight days and 6 episodes of top gear to be able to adjust my 3 levels on my twisty to where I wanted them😂😂. On a side note if it's not to your liking let me know😉

HKdude

Newly Enlightened

I was completely satisfied with the levels it came with. Never even attempted a change, but then again I learn from other's mistakes (lookin' at you Thermal Guy...LOL)

I know you'll enjoy it, I love my scruffy user Twisty, it stays with me forever....

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast

I may never be able to program it. The clicky and rotary are hard enough for me to program. I'm planning to leave it as is and just use it. For now it will probably serve as a backup to my clicky or perhaps a p60 host.

Latest posts