Good flooder under $45

pri0n

Newly Enlightened
I've purchased an ITP Sa2 eluma, and its great for its price, but it is only really good for throw. Can someone suggest a floody light of similar quality? I'm going to give it to a friend for caving and throw is pretty useless in there. Thanks.

Lighthearted1

Newly Enlightened
Did you consider that a head band light is really preferred for caving? Zebralight and Spark offer nice ones.
I think I would prefer a neutral tint for caving, you might want to consider that too. They are over your budget though.
As far as flood, Zebralight makes a flood model H51Fw in neutral tint. Just under $70. I will look for a cheaper option for you.

Last edited:

pri0n

Newly Enlightened
He already has a headlamp, but he likes to use a little handheld for gesturing and stuff (he is a guide) Right now he is using some cheapo coleman that he thought was good until I showed him my pocket rocket haha.

Lighthearted1

Newly Enlightened
Well, you can't really point with a wall of light.

No you can't, but there are good options that can do both!

Here is a real budget tip for you.
This light can be focused to a spot light or to a broad flood. He can have a good pointer (square LED projected image at full focus) and a back up for the headlight in one (flood zoom).

This zoom focus light will work well, and is a very compact size using a single AA battery. (also 14500 too!)
It is on sale for only $9.99 (buy more) and includes free shipping from Asia. I have bought 4 for gifts and one for myself. Everyone loves them. They are well built, bright, and have a very strong clip that is very useful for this adaptation.
By modifying a 2nd hand store baseball cap with a stiff visor like this:
Measure 1.5 inch (mark) from the forward edge of the visor, and 2.0 inches(mark). Cut out a rectangle that half inch by one quarter inch wide with a sharp razor knife.
Now you just slide the clip into the slot with the light shining forward. Adjust the zoom to wide angle and start caving. You don't need to hang it on a hat, just use it hand held if you want.
It does take 3-4 weeks to show up at your home, but is one of the best deals I have seen. I will probably buy more!

meritline.com ____SKU: 188-912-001

Disscussion:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...9.99-with-Free-Shipping&p=2605095#post2605095

You can turn your ITP SA2 into a floody light with this $3 investment as another option.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...haserburn-s-Diffusion-Film-DC-Fix-CPF-Service

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of those that I got off of ebay and it really easy quite nice. You can easily work the zoom with one hand which is handy as well. Another option I definitely recommend is the romisen rc-29 or rc-c6. Not as compact and not as easy to work the zoom but great build quality and really nice beam.