Green Laser Pointer fun chat

StevieRay

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
hungryforlasers said:
Am i able to take the button off this without breaking the button or anything? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!

hungryforlasers

Enlightened
Is there a screw under the button of this that i can screw clockwise that will make it brighter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Edit: i just made this GIF honoring CandlePowerForums

Naquadah

Newly Enlightened
The new Leadlights doesnt show the screw under the button... the black plastic is covering it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
So you would have to quit the front cap to achieve it.

hungryforlasers

Enlightened
I can't wait to get a green laser pointer... i feel good now that i know that there's a screw on the new leadlight model you just have to find a way to get to it. I live in Corvallis, Oregon and in Oregon it's pretty moist (around 70-90% humidity on average) and with good moisture i shouldent have a problem seeing the beam at night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hungryforlasers said:
Am i able to get the new leadlight to be about 2 times brighter when I turn the
pot.gif
up? If not, can I get a hold of the old leadlights from Arnold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the individual laser. Another user here found that he wasn't able to push his laser much farther than the specified rating. Others have. Unfortunately when you buy a laser that's spec'd at 5mw, there's no guarantee that it can be pushed farther than that, either a new one or an older model. That's just the luck of the draw.

hungryforlasers

Enlightened
So your trying to say that mabye , for an example, you have a GLP and your friend has a GLP and there both exactly the same but your GLP might be a little brighter than your friends?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hungryforlasers said:
So your trying to say that mabye , for an example, you have a GLP and your friend has a GLP and there both exactly the same but your GLP might be a little brighter than your friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost. I'm saying that if you have two unmodified 5mw lasers that are sold as true 5mw, they'll probably both produce 5mw, but one might not be as push-able beyond that point as the other one.

That's the way it is in life also. If two people buy the exact same car at the same time from the same dealer with the same specs, they will probably have different experiences somewhere down the road.

hungryforlasers

Enlightened
When I get my first green laser pointer it will be alot of fun going to star parties and stuff but i have no idea how people will react either jelous, excited, afraid, angry, annoyed or amused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hungryforlasers said:
...but i have no idea how people will react either jelous, excited, afraid, angry, annoyed or amused. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether they're annoyed or not will be completely within your control...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
hungryforlasers said:
PhotoWrangler what do you rate a regular red laser poiner and a regular green laser pointer from 1-1000?

[/ QUOTE ]

They each have their purpose. For ordinary jobs like laser levels, spotting, etc, a red laser is fine and the fact that they're so inexpensive is a definite plus. I wouldn't feel bad about accidentally destroying a red laser by dropping it into a puddle of water, off of a ladder, or by some other type of accident, so they definitely have their place.

Green lasers are more useful for sheer (apparent) brightness, of course, but I would never use a greenie for ordinary day to day tasks like the above because it's so expensive.

So it's hard for me to give a rating of one over the other, I guess. Since I use red and infrared lasers for various things and find them quite useful, I would be hard pressed to say that one is better than the other. They're just different and have different applications.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif