Green tint on E2l... ughh!

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
You use the low setting on the L1 for this, correct?

I think you may have simply chosen the wrong CFL color temp, and possibly brand.

I've found that the Home Depot N:Vision brand of CFLs to be significantly better than other offerings. They have 3 different color temperatures too - Soft White, Bright White, and Daylight.

So if the bulbs you bought are anything like the Daylight NVision bulbs, then they are the highest color temperature available.

I use the Soft White version... and they are about the same color temperature as the more expensive incadescents. Actually, I find them a bit too yellow, and I might try the "bright white" type instead.

In any case, the "Daylight" bulbs are way too far into the cool-white territory.

I actually find the best color rendition with the high beam on the L1. The very focused "hot spot" works quite well in the mouth with very even illumination. The Low Beam while more than enough illumination - does not give as natural colors.

Yes, I have used the soft white CFL from Home Depot, and they are closer to incadescents. However, in comparison, they are somewhat yellow green (not unlike the L1 on low) and do alter colors somewhat compared to incadescents that we are accustomed to. However, they are a lot easier to live with than the blue "daylight" CFL and we have gotten used to them.

Having said all this, I guess there still is no right color. It is a matter of what you like and what you are used to. "Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder" - somebody once said. That particularly holds for LED lights and the diversity of opinions we see here.

Last edited: