GREY U2

frosty

Enlightened
I have been offered a 2006 surefire u2, which the seller has described as being grey in colour. I thought they were all black. Am i incorrect?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
grey?? i think not my friend... all u2s are black.

-David

greenLED

Flashaholic
:thinking: I remember seeing some photos of what appeared to be a proto HA-NAT U2, but all production units I'seen have been black. I'd request pics if I were you.

nc987

Enlightened
There are some grey ones out there but they are by no means plentiful. Get the the person to send you pics because if it is a grey youve got a special opportunity there.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting for AL (Size15's) to show us his purple U2.:cool: If there is such a beast, I'm sure he would be the first to get one.

As far as a grey U2, that would be interesting to see. If you do get it, please post some pics of it. :)

JimmyB

Enlightened
My guess is the seller isn't very familiar with Surefire's in general and maybe thinks the black looks like "charcoal gray". Just a guess.
shrug.gif

JimmyB

greenLED

Flashaholic
My guess is the seller isn't very familiar with Surefire's in general and maybe thinks the black looks like "charcoal gray".
No way you can confuse SF's HA-BK with gray. Dark purple, maybe, but not gray. If I had to hazard a guess, he could be confusing HA-NAT with "grey".

:thispostisworthlesswithoutpics: :)

Size15's

Flashaholic
If somebody is selling a U2 in HA then it is a proto-type sample and more over, it is likely either stolen, or worse, a betray of trust.
It is strange that it's "2006". That makes no sense.

All the proto-types I'm aware of were far, far older than that...
Including this one I got to evaluate:
al-u2a.jpg

I would most certainly want to see photos before making a purchase.

Al

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size15's said:
Including this one I got to evaluate...
Neat pic. I wonder why they made some of the minor styling changes from the proto to the production model. For instance, the proto doesn't have that ridge around the base of the head, just above the selector ring. What's that for? To tie a lanyard around?

And what became of Prototype 1? Was there ever a Digital 1 Ultra?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Manzerick said:
WOW...the elusive gray U2...Behold it's beauty!!!!!

That is not a grey U2. It's a proto-type of what was to become a U2.
SureFire certainly made some important improvements (imho).

The TailCap, PocketClip and Dial, not to mention refining the electronics.

I don't recall ever seeing a photo of a U2-HA online.

Al

greenLED

Flashaholic
Size15's said:
I don't recall ever seeing a photo of a U2-HA online.
I can't remember who posted it. The image showed a bunched of lights attached to a wall via a long strip of metal, and a bunch more on a table. It may have been in one of the early Kroma threads. I remember it because I'm pretty sure I replied saying that it looked like a U2, not a K2. But, of course, now I can't find the pic.

Size15's

Flashaholic
greenLED said:
I can't remember who posted it. The image showed a bunched of lights attached to a wall via a long strip of metal, and a bunch more on a table. It may have been in one of the early Kroma threads. I remember it because I'm pretty sure I replied saying that it looked like a U2, not a K2. But, of course, now I can't find the pic.

You're right. I'm wrong. It's a photo taken in one of PK's Playrooms. You can find it by looking hard on PK-E.

Al

greenLED

Flashaholic
Size15's said:
It's a photo taken in one of PK's Playrooms. You can find it by looking hard on PK-E.
:party: well... it's just a matter of finding it again now. (not having much luck so far, though... there's too much to drool upon on that site)

Could it have been cheapo who posted it? He seems to be able dig all these "weird" pics of SF lights.