Haha... I have a Fever

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Glad to hear the fever has broklen, Skalomax.

I also tend to let the fever do it's thing (which, I think, is an immune response that bakes off the germs). I'll take a fever reducer only if I can't stand it anymore. I also increase my fluid intake and I bundle up at night to help the heating response. In my subjective opinion this helps chase it away a little sooner.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the help guys.

Well S***, My fever came back at 100.8F

I bought some Nyquill and just took about 2 Tblsp.

I can hardly swallow :barf:

Lets see if this Nyquill does it "thing"

My face is HOT, but my arms and legs are COLD!

How long do these usually last?

Thanks

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Wow I feel sorry for you dude I just had all the same symtoms, started with fever and chills (clothes on clothes off clothes back on) Then came the worst sore throat I can remember, I could not even swallow my own spit :sick2: sleeping was imposible cause I woke up after 10mins with my mouth full of salava and as I woke I auto swallowed which hurt like hell.Next day my throat was improving cold milk was the easiest thing to drink, then the cough started! hurting my chest and throat lol It took me about a week to recover about 95% anyway good luck :sick:

havand

Enlightened
Over christmas, I got sick with something pretty nasty. I was on a pretty strong antibiotic for 2 weeks. i spent about a week with a 102.x fever. Turned up negative for flu and mono. I was sick for about 5 weeks. I'm not a super healthy person, I do get sick. However, it rarely is total sickness like this was. Usually just a sniffle or so. I got strep like symptoms in my throat except more intense than anything i've ever experienced with strep. Anything that touched the back roof of my mouth felt like fire. I hadn't been to the doctor in years and I was there twice within 10 days. PRAY you don't have that cold. I literally layed around the house for a week being cold and hot at the same time, baking in my own fever. :/

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take back the NyQuil, stop at Wal-Mart, and then look for this in the herb/vitamin section.

elderberryku8.jpg

It's Natrol Liquid Elderberry.
Couple this with some Green Tea Extract capsules to help with cleaning up the cellular waste your body is producing. Meanwhile, the Elderberry will serve the virus' eviction notice.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks...

WHOOOHOO!

My fever is now gone and has been gone since the nyquill at 11:00pm last night.
Now let hope it stays that way.
I felt way better today and went to go eat with some friends.

Nyquill really does wonders, It was my first time too.

Thanks for all your replies and Lit Up, Ill try that if my fever keeps acting up.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Since this appeared to come and go relatively quickly, could it have been food poisioning? Did you have any major gastro symptoms during the bout?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
Thanks for all your replies and Lit Up, Ill try that if my fever keeps acting up.

Have some on hand for next time. It works even better on the on-set.
The Elderberry works to short circuit a flu virus' means of replicating itself.

I've zapped about 3 colds this winter that tried to set-in with it and we had a rash of flu in the area that caused alot of school closings. I sailed right on through it all without catching anything. It's great stuff.

I take the Green Tea sick or not, however. It's a great antioxidant,

coontai

Newly Enlightened
I'm truely happy your fever has reI'm truly happy your fever has resided. Please go easy on yourself, and just because your fever is gone do no not take it for granted. Please monitor your temperature to trend over the next few days. Although it is unlikely for it to come back it is cheap insurance for you to monitor it. Personally I had incredibly heavy congestion for two months and saw four different physicians and had two full courses of antibiotics. Never take your health for granted and I wish you nothing but good luck.sided. Please go easy on yourself

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks coontai :)

Will dom Greatly appreciated.
Health is a terrible thing to waste.

Good luck with your congestion too buddy.

Took my temperature and its @ 100.3F

I feel good with a bit of a headache but it seems a little high?

I unno' Im just going to try to sleep.

Thanks

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
3rd_shift said:
Now I have one. :sick2: :awman:

And congestion that's as hard to cough up as tar.

The info already presented here does look encouraging though.

If it tries to move to your head/sinuses, take an eyedropper of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and put a few drops in your ears about 2-3 times a day. Just spread it out over the day. When I have a head cold, it always fizzies like crazy. I think some of the virus sets up camp in there.

For the nose, just do a sinus irrigation like this guy.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7108546
It helps to flush out the thickened yellow/greenish mucus and keep things flowing.
There's other ways of doing the irrigation , just google it.

These will help speed along the recovery process.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't comment on ear washing, but I am a big fan of nasal irrigation. Well, not a fan perhaps as it's a little bit like jumping into the pool and forgetting to hold your nose ;) But it does actually help. I've got one of these:

http://www.sinucleanse.com/

And have used it about 5 times a day the last week to help clean out a very clogged head. It also lets me use a lot fewer drugs to stop the dripping and clogging which is good cause I can't decide which is worse for sleeping, a clogged head or a racing heart.