• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Has anyone done a Runtime Test on LS20 low level?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Tried searching, I found Don's high beam runtime graph on the LS20, but no low test...

I would love to see a graph for CR123's and R123's.

:thanks:

fyrstormer

Banned
Not officially, but I've been running on the same 750mAh RCR123 for about a week's worth of 2-hour walks, with it on low the whole way and on high for a few minutes at a time. It hasn't cut out on me yet.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Doing some backwards figuring it should be about 36 hrs on a RCR123 and 65 hrs on a CR123.

litew8

Newly Enlightened
In the FAQ section, it's saying the LS 20 has about twice the run time as its big brother, which is 8-10 hours. So i figure maybe 20 hours, for low on the LS-20?

fyrstormer

Banned
You don't need a meter. Put a protected RCR123 in it, turn it on, and hit the START button on a stopwatch. Hit the STOP button when the light turns off. Repeat until you're satisfied with the results.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
My Ls20 wouldnt come on high today. I was using a SF primary. My ZTS wouldnt even try to test it, this batt was dead. So, I put the batt back in, turned it on low, and started my stopwatch... :eek:

The nichias went for 2:40 (two hours, forty minutes!) :twothumbs

Keep in mind, I have no idea how long the battery was too dead before that to light the high beam, I mainly use the low on my LS. ;)

After that it went off pretty quick with a 3 minute moon mode, like tritium bright.

So dont feel like you have to carry a back up batt (Primary) for EDC use, once your high (far) beam goes, you have a while....

jblackwood

Enlightened
PSM, your test was just for how long the light went after it had depleted the battery to the point that high wouldn't come on, correct? If so, I guess I'll have to run a test for just the low from a fresh battery. Is it safe to leave it on (temperature-wise)? I can't imagine the Nichias get too hot but it's always better to ask than to fry a perfectly usable light for no GREAT reason (runtime tests just qualify as good reasons for me:thumbsup:).

jblackwood

Enlightened
Alrighty folks. The test started this morning at about 8:20, SE Florida time. I used a ZTS battery tester to find my two freshest AW cells. I dropped them into my two LS20s, one bead blasted, the other in the classic flavor. I'm topping off one RCR123 in the charger as we speak and might recharge one of these other cells and do one test right after the other.

I'm stoked about actually contributing to my favorite board in a meaningful way! :mecry: :thumbsup:

scout24

Flashaholic
Alrighty then, same test beginning in 5 minutes with a BNIB SF 123, dated 10- 2018. It will be left on in low until there is a visible dropoff in output, time noted, and then until output is down to the low on my Titan. I'll keep you posted. Waiting to see the difference between a primary and a RCR..:)